“Nice room, view, food and location”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed for one night - room was very nice, bed comfy and clean and bathroom as
Nice aswell. We had dinner in the restaurant as I had heard
Good things from family - lovely sea view and the food was excellent. Pool facilities were good, showers weren't great though. We booked a deal,
Room and dinner was aBout 120 pounds - would gladly return in those circumstances.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LePonke
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased you your enjoyed your time with us. It is always very encouraging to read such great comments. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel is nice and the staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast offers a good choice and all was very fresh. It was a perfect place for a weekend break with friends and the leisure centre provided a relax.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I very much hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I was staying here on a Monday, on the Sunday evening I received a call to ask if I would like to reserve dinner as the following evening was very busy, I thought that was a very good service and reserved dinner for 6:00 pm. On arrival the reception staff were very welcoming. But things started to go a wee bit wrong in the Two Fat Ladies restaurant, I was left standing at the door for what seemed an eternity until I was spotted, at that time there were only a few people in. The menu is very heavily influenced by Italian cuisine, I would have liked a more Scottish feel, but the quality of the food was very good and very tasty, good value for money evening dinner. A waiter wrongly informed an American guest that the sea view was that of the North Sea, despite us being firmly planted on the South West of Scotland. Breakfast was the same problem, this time I was really standing for a long time before being attended to, despite many people seeing me. Crockery was dirty, the couple next to me also complained about the cups. I dint as I was in a hurry and service was slow, not enough staff maybe. But again the food was good. Once again reception staff were very friendly on checkout. Rooms were very clean and well presented.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Donnie M
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thanks for your review. I am sorry that you were not immediately seated when entering the restaurant. I would challenge the Italian theme comment as we have a grand total of two pasta dishes on our menu but we review our menus frequently so will look at this as soon as we can.
I am also trying to establish who on the team mixed up the east and west coast, very basic and embarrassing error and one that will not be repeated. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for my 30th. It was a surprise for me and it was gorgeous. A few bad things but nothing too major. No champagne on arrival which he asked for and lack of storage in our bedroom. Otherwise we could not fault the hotel. Staff were friendly and so helpful. Thanks for a fab weekend

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Burlinsonk

Thanks for the review. I am very please that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a fabulous weekend to celebrate our husbands birthdays. The staff were wonderful and even decorated the rooms for our arrival. The sea view rooms were spacious and elegant. Everything was perfect and we would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Booked this through online spa travel agency as we wanted this experience alongside a good location for a special golf treat for one member of party. Hotel location is fabulous with gorgeous views over golf course and Arran. Bar, rooms and part of restaurant are charming. Spa treatments & treatment rooms were good, but waiting/ relaxation room was beside noisy ladies' changing room and no atmosphere or comfort. Pool was disappointing with very shallow end, so lengths very short! Pool area not very clean or well-maintained and what should have been stunning coloured windows looking out at views, were nasty& dirty.
Restaurant was billed as outpost of well-known seafood one in Glasgow, but it was misleading.Not a seafood restaurant in our opinion. Service was dreadful with drinks/bread not being offered, then if they were, didn't arrive even after several reminders. Massive supplements for some mains and desserts eg. £10.50 for the steak on top of the DBB rate. The corner part of restaurant should be the perfect setting for a meal,but was cold and without same level of decor as other part. Wouldn't stay here for spa or restaurant again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HighlandLass186543

Thank you for the review. Whilst I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel I am sorry that you did not like the restaurant. We can only hope to maintain a high standard by listening to our guests so I appreciate your comments. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Six of us stayed at the Hotel as a base to get to Glasgow for the first Friday and Saturday of the Commonwealth Games. We were blown away by the location, welcome, obvious quality and general attitude of the staff.
The one issue that was not ideal was the quality of the breakfast. Over cooked meat, eggs not great etc. That said I hope one day to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trevor A

Thanks for the great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you did not like breakfast so much but appreciate the feedback. I hope we see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
Old Loans Inn
Old Loans Inn
#3 of 6 in Troon
Hallmark Hotel Irvine

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!