“excellent with a plus”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Mirfield
“excellent with a plus”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Having just spent our third visit to the Marine Hotel we think that speaks for itself. From the reception team to the cleaning team they are all 1st class. The food in the `Two Fat Ladies` restaurant is exquisite, served beautifully and tastes divine. Breakfast was brought to the table which is really much better than self service, it just makes you feel that you are being looked after bliss. Will we be going again ? you bet we will .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks for the great review, its fantastic to read that you had such a great time, I am delighted that you liked the restaurant! I very much hope that we will see you sooner rather than later!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
Lanarkshire Scotland
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Absolutely everything was spot on. Room was lovely and clean. Food in the restaurant was exceptional, especially the dinner menu. All staff were friendly and helpful and all public areas beautiful as well. As our stay was a gift from family I couldn't comment on value for money.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we will see you again soon.
hamilton
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Was given the night in this hotel by work mates as treat for the wife and myself the service was good and the room / siuite lovely with smashing views over the golf course to the beach .the fat ladies restaraunt was ok but a little rich for my taste. the staff were friendly and helpfull the other guests were a wee bit snooty. we had 1 drink at the hotel and got a shock at 50p change from £10 for a pint and a bacardi and coke so we went into troon for the rest of the night there the pubs were ok and open till 2am .the sleep we had was good as it is very quiet at night were the hotel is situated the breakfast was also good so i would recomend this hotel to anyone with a bit of money but for working class lad like myself a wee bit too posh thanks for looking hope this helps

Room Tip: ask for rooms with sea view and let the sound of the waves send you to sleep
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank papapaulhamilton
Thanks for the review, whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay I am concerned that you felt the hotel was snooty. I would strongly disagree that we are in any way snooty, its the very first time we have ever been described as that and I am sorry if you did not feel comfortable.
Thanks for choosing us and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

From the moment that we arrived to the moment that we checked out, the Staff were wonderful.
The facilities were great and the leisure Club, really well equipped.
The hotel overlooks the famous golf course and the sea.
Prestwick airport is nearby and although Ryanair and Easyjet flew in every couple of minutes, they were almost inaudible.
WE WENT ON A 'SPECIAL DEAL' BUT THE STAY WOULD HAVE BEEN WORTH FULL PRICE!!
Just one thing, if you are told that Troon town centre is a 'five minute walk' - IT ISN'T!!! More like a 15 minute walk.
For a really cheap coffee and a cake, go to Scott's Restaurant in the Marina and enjoy a scone, jam and cream and a coffee for £2:50 each AND you have a view over the Marina.
The Marine Hotel is there to be enjoyed and WE DID!!

1 Thank John A
Thanks for the great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that we will see you again soon.
Dalmellingon
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just back from a fantastic Spa Day here. Bought the spa off Bespoke offers and took my mum for Mother's Day. From start to finish it was a fantastic experience. Reception staff were polite and showed us about. The facilities were good too. Sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and swimming pool. I even managed to do an aquarobics class. Laura the therapist who did our massage and facial was fantastic. Very friendly and talked us through everything. One of the best facials I have had. We had high tea which was simply delicious and more than plentiful. Big shout out to the young lady who was constantly cleaning. Very friendly and happy and always had a smile on her face. Can only recommend this highly as no faults at all. I am returning in April with a friend and hope I receive the same standard.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review, I am delighted that you had such a great time, the team in our Leisure Club work very hard to deliver excellent service and a great experience so it is very encouraging so see such great feedback. I hope that we see you soon.
Glasgow
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Although we were given room 116, the suite the golfer used when he won the Open in 1950, which was lovely, spacious and cracking views across the water, there was something lacking at this hotel.

Perhaps it was because of the non functioning jacuzzi, or the breakfast buffet, where you had to help yourself or the strange decor in some places...

However, we did have a nice stay, although a bit overpriced for 220 quid, thankfully for the two fat ladies, which is an excellent restaurant we were happy enough to pay for it.

Staff are all excellent and friendly, the hotel very clean and food portions of satisfactory sizes.

Do recommend it although will not return

1 Thank StephanLisa
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thanks for your review, I am sorry that you were disappointed. Although I am pleased that there seemed to be many positives. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here with my mum for a mother's day getaway. We found all the staff very friendly and extremely helpful. The food is amazing in the restaurant however during our stay the lunch & evening meal menus were the same and this meant we lacked choice due to personal preference of foods.
The room was lovely, abit cold but once we turned up the radiators was lovely and warm! Very clean and good housekeeping services. We slept like logs! Very comfortable and we were on an exterior wall and the wind did not prevent us sleeping at all! Beautiful View!! I would recommend this hotel however i would put forward the recommendation that the hotel mix up their menu's as this would make the whole experience amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for the comment regarding menus, we have a new menu coming soon and I hope that will address your concerns. Thanks for choosing us and I hope that we will see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#4 of 6 in Troon
Western House Hotel

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!