2,252 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomspa treatmentsleisure cluban upgradesea viewafternoon teabar arearelaxing breakbirthday treatlovely hotelshort breakfirst classfantastic views
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went to Marine hotel for an overnight which I bought for my friends Christmas, The hotel is lovely and although our view from the room was a brick wall, the room was immaculate and the beds really comfortable. We went down for dinner and the food and service first class. Next morning at breakfast our table was not ready so we were asked to sit in the lounge where we were offered tea and pastries until it was ready. Nice touch. Breakfast was really nice. We finished off our stay by walking along the beach and round the shops. Great time. Great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thanks for the great review! It is very encouraging to see such fantastic comments and they are most appreciated.
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Have stayed here twice and enjoyed both stays, food was fantastic! Got a great deal from groupon and Tesco rewards there are always deals to be had shop around and your not treated any differently from full paying guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrannySmithGlasgow

Thank you very much for the great review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time. We work hard to deliver excellent value for money and it is very encouraging to read such positive feedback.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had a voucher for a Spa Day and lunch at the Two Fat Ladies and decided to extend things and stay overnight. Room, Spa and Two Fat Ladies lunch was all very good and very enjoyable. Hotel has great views across the Royal Troon Golf Course. It is ideal if you are a golf widow as you can enjoy the very relaxing and professional spa. Staff were also very nice especially reception staff, 10 out of 10 ladies. Can also recommend a new eatery in Troon called Lido.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JeanetteM

Thanks for the great review, I am really pleased that you had such a good stay and I very much hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I had high hopes for the hotel although my stay was a bit of a bumpy ride. The girl on reception for our check-in was appalling. She ignored us while she finished chatting on the phone and tapping away at the computer and didn't smile at all when she finally gave me some recognition. I had to return to the reception desk only minutes later to ask a quick question and she completely ignored me until I started tapping my foot.

The doors on the landings and to get out to the stairs and lifts are quite stiff and we struggled with heavy suitcases.

The rooms were spotless and my sister loved the massive telly! I enjoyed the hotel pool, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and gym suite a lot. They are clean and the gym well laid out, (fans in the gym would be good, I got awfully hot on the treadmill).

The meal in the Two Fat Ladies was excellent and the staff were attentive. We had coffee after in the Arran Bar which has a good selction of drinks and lots of comfy seating.

Breakfast was superb, a broad selection and quick service. Check-out was excellent, I was glad it wasn't the girl who checked us in.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am very sorry for the issues you describe, these have been addressed with the relevant individuals.
We work hard to maintain a high standard and can only do this by listening to our guests so I thank you for your comments. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

stayed here on a one night deal everything was great . the pool area is very good plenty of space in the changing areas not like some places . the staff are so friendly and helpful in every area of the hotel .the food is excellent best I have had in a while at a hotel .the room we had was looking out to the golf course and out to the sea again great . I would recommend this hotel to anyone .only one small point 4.25 a pint but ill let them off as the view /food/and staff/ were so good .will be back.

Room Tip: try get one facing the golf course and the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thanks for the great review, I'm delighted your stay was so good. We work hard to maintain a high standard so it is encouraging to read such positive comments. I hope we will you again soon.