2,254 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomspa treatmentsleisure cluban upgradesea viewafternoon teabar arearelaxing breaklovely hotelbirthday treatfirst classshort breakfantastic views
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I had high hopes for the hotel although my stay was a bit of a bumpy ride. The girl on reception for our check-in was appalling. She ignored us while she finished chatting on the phone and tapping away at the computer and didn't smile at all when she finally gave me some recognition. I had to return to the reception desk only minutes later to ask a quick question and she completely ignored me until I started tapping my foot.

The doors on the landings and to get out to the stairs and lifts are quite stiff and we struggled with heavy suitcases.

The rooms were spotless and my sister loved the massive telly! I enjoyed the hotel pool, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and gym suite a lot. They are clean and the gym well laid out, (fans in the gym would be good, I got awfully hot on the treadmill).

The meal in the Two Fat Ladies was excellent and the staff were attentive. We had coffee after in the Arran Bar which has a good selction of drinks and lots of comfy seating.

Breakfast was superb, a broad selection and quick service. Check-out was excellent, I was glad it wasn't the girl who checked us in.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you very much for the review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am very sorry for the issues you describe, these have been addressed with the relevant individuals.
We work hard to maintain a high standard and can only do this by listening to our guests so I thank you for your comments. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

stayed here on a one night deal everything was great . the pool area is very good plenty of space in the changing areas not like some places . the staff are so friendly and helpful in every area of the hotel .the food is excellent best I have had in a while at a hotel .the room we had was looking out to the golf course and out to the sea again great . I would recommend this hotel to anyone .only one small point 4.25 a pint but ill let them off as the view /food/and staff/ were so good .will be back.

Room Tip: try get one facing the golf course and the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thanks for the great review, I'm delighted your stay was so good. We work hard to maintain a high standard so it is encouraging to read such positive comments. I hope we will you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is realy lovely with lovely views looking across the Royal Troon golf course towards the Island of Arran.My wifeand I had dinner at the Two Fat Ladies restaurant at the hotel.It was a superb meal. The staff are most helpful. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you very much for the review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. It is great to read that your stay was so relaxing! Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We booked this through an Amazon local deal and is our first experience of a Puma hotel. The hotel is lovely and full of character. We had dinner in the two fat ladies restaurant on the first night and it was a fantastic meal. The swimming pool area is very relaxing with views out to the sea. The bar area is excellent for sitting relaxing and the views are fab. Staff were great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thanks for your review, I am delighted that you had such a great time. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Enjoyed an overnight stay here with dinner in the Fat Ladies restaurant.
It was a great break, food was excellent , staff friendly and helpful , the room clean and comfortable.
Really could not fault it for a short break fantastic views across to Arran and plenty of easy walks close by.
The hotel is also well placed for visits to the local towns of Troon and Prestwick while Ayr and further South is an easy drive away.
Should also mention a comfortable spa with a decent pool in the hotel and several golf courses nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room the views are marvellous
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martybare

Thanks for the review. Its great to see that you were able to take advantage of the various walks close to the hotel, we are lucky that we have such a brilliant location to do just that, additionally the sunsets are spectacular! I am delighted you had a good time. I hope that we will see you again soon.