The Marine Hotel
$92
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
2,194 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomspa breakdeluxe roomleisure cluban upgradesea viewafternoon teabar areabirthday treatlovely hotelfirst classshort breakevening mealroyal troon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2014

stayed here on a one night deal everything was great . the pool area is very good plenty of space in the changing areas not like some places . the staff are so friendly and helpful in every area of the hotel .the food is excellent best I have had in a while at a hotel .the room we had was looking out to the golf course and out to the sea again great . I would recommend this hotel to anyone .only one small point 4.25 a pint but ill let them off as the view /food/and staff/ were so good .will be back.

Room Tip: try get one facing the golf course and the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thanks for the great review, I'm delighted your stay was so good. We work hard to maintain a high standard so it is encouraging to read such positive comments. I hope we will you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is realy lovely with lovely views looking across the Royal Troon golf course towards the Island of Arran.My wifeand I had dinner at the Two Fat Ladies restaurant at the hotel.It was a superb meal. The staff are most helpful. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you very much for the review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. It is great to read that your stay was so relaxing! Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We booked this through an Amazon local deal and is our first experience of a Puma hotel. The hotel is lovely and full of character. We had dinner in the two fat ladies restaurant on the first night and it was a fantastic meal. The swimming pool area is very relaxing with views out to the sea. The bar area is excellent for sitting relaxing and the views are fab. Staff were great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thanks for your review, I am delighted that you had such a great time. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Enjoyed an overnight stay here with dinner in the Fat Ladies restaurant.
It was a great break, food was excellent , staff friendly and helpful , the room clean and comfortable.
Really could not fault it for a short break fantastic views across to Arran and plenty of easy walks close by.
The hotel is also well placed for visits to the local towns of Troon and Prestwick while Ayr and further South is an easy drive away.
Should also mention a comfortable spa with a decent pool in the hotel and several golf courses nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room the views are marvellous
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martybare

Thanks for the review. Its great to see that you were able to take advantage of the various walks close to the hotel, we are lucky that we have such a brilliant location to do just that, additionally the sunsets are spectacular! I am delighted you had a good time. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had a lovely relaxing overnight spa break at the Marine in Troon. The staff were friendly and helpful, the twin room was spacious, the beds comfy and we had everything we needed for an enjoyable stay. The food in the lounge tasted great and breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel.

If you you are staying one night I'd suggest a late check out so you can have time to use the leisure facilities in the morning- or maybe we should have gotten up a bit earlier xx

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view or one over the golf course
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review, I really pleased that you enjoyed your time here. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon!