2,252 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomspa treatmentsleisure cluban upgradesea viewafternoon teabar arearelaxing breakbirthday treatlovely hotelshort breakfirst classfantastic views
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We booked this through an Amazon local deal and is our first experience of a Puma hotel. The hotel is lovely and full of character. We had dinner in the two fat ladies restaurant on the first night and it was a fantastic meal. The swimming pool area is very relaxing with views out to the sea. The bar area is excellent for sitting relaxing and the views are fab. Staff were great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thanks for your review, I am delighted that you had such a great time. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Enjoyed an overnight stay here with dinner in the Fat Ladies restaurant.
It was a great break, food was excellent , staff friendly and helpful , the room clean and comfortable.
Really could not fault it for a short break fantastic views across to Arran and plenty of easy walks close by.
The hotel is also well placed for visits to the local towns of Troon and Prestwick while Ayr and further South is an easy drive away.
Should also mention a comfortable spa with a decent pool in the hotel and several golf courses nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room the views are marvellous
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martybare

Thanks for the review. Its great to see that you were able to take advantage of the various walks close to the hotel, we are lucky that we have such a brilliant location to do just that, additionally the sunsets are spectacular! I am delighted you had a good time. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had a lovely relaxing overnight spa break at the Marine in Troon. The staff were friendly and helpful, the twin room was spacious, the beds comfy and we had everything we needed for an enjoyable stay. The food in the lounge tasted great and breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel.

If you you are staying one night I'd suggest a late check out so you can have time to use the leisure facilities in the morning- or maybe we should have gotten up a bit earlier xx

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view or one over the golf course
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review, I really pleased that you enjoyed your time here. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed for a couple of nights on a short break. The hotel overlooks Royal Troon Golf Course and if you are a golfer, there are plenty of courses to choose from within easy distance of the hotel. The room we had was quite small, but everything we needed was there and worked perfectly well.We ate in the restaurant one evening and found the service and food very good. Breakfasts plentiful.Although we didn't use the leisure facilities, we viewed the pool from the lounge/bar area, and it looked good. Much enjoyed the short break there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the lovely review. We aim to provide a restful experience and I am delighted that you found that, we only maintain a high standard by listening to our guests so it is very encouraging to read such great feedback.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Booked a spa session through itison for my daughter and myself. Decided to try an overnight stay too. The twin room was spacious and clean. The spa treatments were excellent. The facial Carly gave was the best I've ever had. The pool area was clean and staff were very helpful. The lunch and dinner in the two fat ladies restaurant was excellent. Overall a very enjoyable overnight break.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for the great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I very much hope that we will see you again soon.