2,253 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomspa treatmentsleisure cluban upgradesea viewafternoon teabar arearelaxing breaklovely hotelbirthday treatfirst classshort breakfantastic views
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Puma hotel has T & Cs stating if they overbook they can cancel your reservation. THEY DO. No compensation for travel arrangements already made but did offer alternative hotel of a lesser quality. Staff suggest you rebook at another time (love to move the birthday back a few years) and carried a three way conversation about another customer while I phoned. The do not care. A bad advert for this hotel, hotel group and Scotland. I could not recommend this hotel because of their booking and cancellation policy.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelmhg
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

I am very sorry about your experience, as I said when we spoke the mistake was entirely ours and I apologise for that. We took the decision to try and make alternative arrangements as early as possible to minimise disruption. We had alternative accommodation at an equivalent hotel (four star) nearby and I am sorry that this was not suitable.
It is a situation that thankfully we very rarely find ourselves in but I would not and did not attempt to excuse it in the slightest. Once again I am very sorry for our error.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Marine is situated at the far end of Troon, the very last building, so it has an "edge of the world" feeling about it, which is perfect for a restful getaway break. To open the curtains to a huge blue sky all around was just what I needed.It is also very comfortable, with all saff very helpful ,efficient and friendly

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Pshrig
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for the great review, the location of the hotel is particularly stunning and I am delighted that you enjoyed it! I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I booked to stay in this hotel through a 5pm deal. I booked well in advance for a special anniversary night away with my husband. I was notified two weeks before our arrival that there had been an 'overbooking' problem and our reservation had been cancelled - just like that!! I wrote to express my disappointment but got nowhere other than to be offered an alternative hotel in Irvine (really?!) a 3* hotel I'd never heard of or another date - but who would book again having been let down so badly. So, fellow travelers be wary! The hotel presumably got full price for our night and binned our booking without any thought.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Janie148

Thank you for your review. It is certainly true that we were overbooked and unfortunately that meant we needed to move some bookings to alternate hotels. We chose to call well ahead of time in order that this could be organised well in advance and gave three options which was two alternative hotels close by and as a final option to move dates if this was convenient.

There is no upside in this for us at all and we will make no excuse at all for this issue. Thankfully it is a problem that we rarely have. The overbooking was entirely our fault and we attempted to deal with it in the best possible way. I am sorry that this was not possible in your case and fully understand your irritation. However it is unfair to suggest that the overbooking was a result of anything other than a very regrettable mistake.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had heard that the hotel had become a 'little tired' but although some of the furnishings were perhaps a touch dated they were extremely comfortable and the whole place had a genuinely nice feel to it. The food in the Two Fat Ladies restaurant was first class and the bar snacks tasty. The two night "deal" was great value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review, I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Arrived on a busy weekend at the Marine on the stay dine and sparkle package. Great value for money. Delicious meal at the Two Fat Ladies restaurant. Staff were welcoming and attentive. Rooms large and clean. Fabulous stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. It is always very encouraging to get such great feedback. Thanks again and I hope that we will see you again soon.