“Recommended Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Recommended Hotel”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the Marine hotel in September 2013, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was excellent and the room comfortable. We used the hotel as a base to visit Aaron and the surrounding countryside. A great experience and we would recommend The Marine Hotel to all our friends.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a sea view, it looks over the golf course and you can see the isle of Aaron.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JulietP806, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am delighted that you had a good stay and very pleased you enjoyed the spectacular views. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2013

A great place to stay if you like to fall out of bed and stroll down to one of the best courses in the world. Rooms were nice but nothing overly special. The were clean and tidy but not all that spacious. The breakfast was very good!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and delighted that you enjoyed breakfast. I hope we will see you again soon.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have just returned today from two days and two nights at the above hotel booked through Classic Britain. The hotel was spotless, the staff were fantastic, the service could not have been better. The door man called Walter was so helpful. Well done the Marine Troon we will certainly be back.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 224 and 228 excellent view of the sea and over looking golf course.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to maintain a high standard and it is very encouraging to see such great feedback.
Thanks again for the review and I hope that we will see you soon.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Great food, staff were nice enough although they forgot to take our breakfast order on the first morning but got to us eventually. Location wasn't town centre but was perfect for is, lovely stroll along the beach to town. Gorgeous views. Spa facilities were very good. Would highly recommend and will definitely go back

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, I am extremely sorry for any errors at breakfast but am delighted that it was put right.
Thank you again for your review and I hope we will see you again soon.
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

A Big thank you to Heather at the marine Hotel,
My girlfriend and I were booked in for lunch and a spa treatment on Sunday 10th November,
We received a telephone call early on the day of our visit by a member of the spa team to notify us a member of staff had called in sick and asked if it would be possible to rearrange our day or have our massages at different times of the day, although not ideal,we agreed to the later.
On arrival I felt I should note my displeasure with this option as it would have meant each of us sitting alone for an hour on wheatears meant to be a day spent together,
I met Heather at reception and was asked to sit in the bar area to explain our situation, at which point she agreed this was not good practice, we were offered us some coffee as she went off to remedy the situation,
10 minutes later we were now having our treatment together at the time agreed along with a free upgrade to lunch in "Two Fat Ladies"
Restaurant which was absolutely faultless.

Great work Heather,

You are a credit to your employer,

Hope to see you again

Best wishes

Mark and Sharon McFadden

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank markmcfadden
Thank you very much for the lovely review. I am delighted that Heather was able to make a difference to your stay and I know she was delighted to have been mentioned.
We work very hard to ensure that we do not make every stay perfect and also to ensure that we are able to respond as quickly as possible when problems to occur.
Thank again for the review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that we will see you again soon.
Stirling
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We booked into the marine for a one night bargain break. A nice welcome at the desk. Our room was cozy with a good view and large comfortable bed. Although we had some doubts over cleanliness in the shower area. Breakfast was buffet style. Usual fare on offer, but the standard of food was pretty low. Fatty bacon, beans, sliced bread etc. the hotel is in need of a makeover, drab lighting and decoration. It could be a great place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oldgreyman
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry that your visit was not more enjoyable but appreciate your feedback.
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I booked a spa day through Itison and I wasn't disappointed. I had an excellent facial and back massage and then enjoyed a swim and steam room
Lunch was in the Arran Room with beautiful views over the golf course and over the sea to Arran
It was a healthy cold salad which I enjoyed
I would not hesitate to return for more treatments and the staff were friendly and professional

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
JulietP806, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you very much for such a lovely review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience, we have a brilliant range of treatments available and I know the team are very proud of what we offer.
I do hope that we will see you again at the Marine Hotel Troon in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
Piersland House Hotel
Seamill Hydro
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride
Western House Hotel

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!