2,252 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomspa treatmentsleisure cluban upgradesea viewafternoon teabar arearelaxing breakbirthday treatlovely hotelshort breakfirst classfantastic views
Reviewed July 15, 2012

lovely hotel,in a fantastic location.staff very helpful and friendly.food very good.amenities great.will definitely return

Room Tip: request a sea view at time of booking.pay the extra for deluxe room.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Bit late in posting this (it was actually Christmas time when we stayed), but got to say how much we enjoyed this hotel. Room was very good (great view of the the golf course and the sea). Food was tremendous and great value - definitely worth eating in the hotel. However, best of all, was the staff. From reception (including the kilted greeter) to the bar staff and waitresses, they could not have been better. It is very rare that you can say this, but they really are a tremendous plus for this Hotel. Well done!

P.S. I had read someone stating how good the porridge was. They were right! Best I've tasted!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We arrived at The Marine hotel and were checked in to an ok hotel room. All the amenities were there and as we only paid for a standard room... couldn't complain. The full Scottish breakfast was excellent and offered a good variety of both hot and cold food. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the town and the crazy golf! For us, sitting in the bar watching the sun set until 11.30pm was a very relaxing evening... I had forgotten that the sun sets so much later in Scotland!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a 2 night stay which I found very relaxing. the room overlooked the golf course and sea. It was a good sized room and well decorated. Had dinner 2nd night menu was good and food very tasty and well presented. All the staff in every department were extremely helpful and friendly, I had my 92 year old mum with me and they could not do enough for her especially Tom the doorman he is a gem and helped mum in and out of the hotel, and overall made her feel special. This is not the first time I have been here , previously went for a spa package which was also very good value had a great massage. I am and will continue to be a regular visitor to this hotel mainly down to the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Best rooms on 1st and 2nd floors as 3rd floor has attic style ceilings.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We would recommend this hotel to everyone. From service to facilities we could not fault. Its one of those hotels you can simply sit back and relax. The restaurant service and food was first class. Breakfast was brilliant and well set out. Nothing was to much trouble for any staff.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room overlooking the golf course and sea but i would say all rooms are quiet because of the location.