2,253 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomspa treatmentsleisure cluban upgradesea viewafternoon teabar arearelaxing breaklovely hotelbirthday treatfirst classshort breakfantastic views
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Had the chance of a night away and got a very good rate for B&B. The internet didn't offer an equivalent rate for DB&B but the hotel told me I could have got it from them. However that didn't take away from an excellent visit. The doorman is worth his weight in gold and set the tone for the rest of the staff who couldn't have been more helpful. They had already allocated us a room with a view before we got there after my "chance it" request. We ate in the hotel and the food was excellent at both dinner and breakfast. We used the health facilities and went for a walk along the Troon beach - always a favourite for us. Came away well relaxed and will certainly be back. Look out for an even better 5pm offer - saw it after we got back, didn't know they did hotel stays, but no regrets!

Room Tip: a view to the south is good even if you cant get a sea-facing room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
MarineGM, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Thank you for your great review. I have passed on your comments to Walter and Tom, our fantastic concierge team.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We recently stayed at the Marine Hotel in Troon for a relaxing weekend break. From the moment we arrived until we left the staff could not have been any more helpful. Our room was spacious, clean and had great views. We had dinner in the hotel and we both had a most enjoyable meal, there was a feeling of space in the restaurant and the staff provided excellent service. We were allowed time to enjoy the experience. My wife had some spa treatments and again felt that the staff were looking after her. I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and I would certainly rate this as one of the best. We both enjoyed our stay and will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your break and took full advantage of our spa facilities.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Barcelo Troon Marine Hotel for the weekend. Our room was comfortable, clean and modern. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel and food was exceptional, good choice and wonderful service. All of the staff were friendly and efficient from the managers to the cleaners. We were also impressed with the leisure facilities. If your looking for a break this is place to stay and a great location with lots of places to visit only a short drive away or using the train. Although we didn't have our family with us there were a few families there who all seemed to be having a great time and staff were helpful with their requests. Would certain recommend the hotel for holiday.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
MarineGM, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

If you are making a trip to Troon, I would recommend staying at the Barcelo Hotel Troon. The staff made us very welcome and the food was lovely. Keep your fingers crossed for a sunny day though as facing the sea made it very windy!! A lovely way though to relax for a few days. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Just back from spending one night with two other couples at the Marine. We all had excellent, large rooms with great views and large comfortable beds. However the extra bonus was the amazing food we had - every course was delightful at Dinner which made getting up for breakfast in the morning a treat. Thank you all for wonderful stay. Pat and Graeme Bell

Room Tip: Corner suite was lovely and spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends