2,252 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomspa treatmentsleisure cluban upgradesea viewafternoon teabar arearelaxing breakbirthday treatlovely hotelshort breakfirst classfantastic views
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The staff were helpful, kind and generous with their time. The tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible and we were very well attended to.

Room Tip: Room away from kitchen is best
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My partner and i stayed here as we were attending a 50th birthday party near by. Rates were excellent and being 4 star we thought we would treat ourselves.

On arrival we were checked in by a lovely receptionist called Susan i think. Blonde hair, very welcoming and pleasant. Our room was of good quality with excellent views. I went to use the Gym and Jacuzzi which was of good standard for a hotel, gym was really busy but thats what i expected.

In the morning after a late party i was lookng forward to a good breakfast before we got on our way, However it was a complete and utter let down !!! Poached eggs were not poached, service was like a circus and it was so bad i wish i stayed in bed and went to a service station on the way home. Sausages were of sub standard quality for a 4 star hotel and it was just awful. My partner decided not to eat at all. It was a shame because everything else was great except the breakfast. The breakfast chef really needs to give himself a shake !!

Sorry to be critical but other than this let down i would of booked myself into the Troon Marine Hotel at every opportunity.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fun97
Reviewed May 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our teenage children and another couple in April. We were very lucky to experience fantastic weather and the stunning views and local scenery which this hotel affords.

The service from all staff was absolutely outstanding, efficient and friendly, they could not do enough for us.

The food was very tasty, there was plenty of it and it was always served piping hot on hot plates which is of particular importance to me. The breakfast, which was cooked freshly to order, was fantastic. Again, I cannot praise the restaurant staff enough, food was served quickly and yet staff always took the time to have a chat if you felt that way inclined.

Leisure facilities were excellent and the pool of an impressive size. My teenage children loved the facilities and were never bored which made life easier for the adults.

I would definitely reccommend this hotel for a number of reasons. The service offered to clients is outstanding, the food fantastic (well done to the Chef's and catering staff) and the accommodation spacious and spotlessly clean - we had a lovely housekeeper who went out of her way to make sure we were entirely happy with our accommodation. Add to this the stupendous views and adjacent scenery and you have all you need for a super relaxing break.

Fantastic and I will be back! Well done, it is clear that many of the employees are local people rather than temporary back packers( no offence!) and that they take a personal pride in their work and in the good name of this hotel. They are a credit to the Barcelo chain and the Hotel manager.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GlasgowMonica
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Having read some of the reviews about the size of the rooms and the views of internal workings of the hotel from some of the rooms we were anxious about what awaited us.
However the size of the room was spacious, the views of Ayr Bay were amazing, with the added bonus of watching some golfers attempting the Par3 17th at Royal Troon and the food was simply delicious.
The Spring break offer for three nights was really good value for money with two dinners and three breakfasts for the equivalent of £45 a night per person.....amazing!!
We have booked up again for next week and thanks to a courteous e-mail from the manager there seems to be a real attention to ensuring your stay is memorable both before and after the visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My husband and I visited the Marine for an overnight stay and were delighted with the room, service, staff and food. We have stayed here many times over the years for family breaks and celebrations as well as weekend stays with friends. We upgraded to a suite for our most recent stay and it was worth the supplement which was half the usual amount. Dinner was lovely and we couldn't fault the breakfast either. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The lounge is a very nice place to relax with comfortable chairs and sofas and a well stocked bar. Troon beach and its centre is a short walk from the hotel and a lovely place to spend an afternoon. Well worh a visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple