“Fantastic Curry Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Velvet Apple - CLOSED

Velvet Apple
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Spanish, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Velvet Apple is our cafe/restaurant serving fantastic, locally sourced food that passes our high standards, delivered with a smile by our team of dedicated staff. We are open every day for coffee and totally scrumptious homemade cakes, also freshly prepared delicious lunches. We also open every Friday for our West End nights and every second Saturday for a themed night!
“Fantastic Curry Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having visited the Velvet Apple on a couple of occasions previously, once for lunch and once for coffee and a fab cake I was looking forward to the Curry Night on Saturday. I wasn't disappointed. It was absolutely brilliant. It came as a sharing platter in the form of tapas - 4 dishes, rice, flatbread, raita and spicy onions. Tasty food, brilliant service. Enjoyed a lovely bottle of wine with our meal. Hope to manage to get to one of the other upcoming nights as it's well worth the money.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Karen M
velap4, Public Relations Manager at Velvet Apple, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our recent Curry Night, we are so glad you enjoyed your evening, and you were an absolute pleasure to serve! Our staff are delighted you enjoyed all the food and service.

We hope to see you again at another of our upcoming nights!

“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to the Velvet Apple regularly over the last two years. We have NEVER been disappointed by the quality or indeed quantity of food served. A visit to this restaurant will appeal to anyone who wants to eat good quality food and who knows what good food should taste like. The themed nights are excellent value, but you have to book early to be assured of a table. Staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. Had lunch there today, can highly recommend the soup particularly on a cold Nov. day. Delighted that we have a restaurant of this standard practically on our door step. Big thanks to all the staff who work so hard.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Phyl C
Ardrossan, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Cheery welcome, lovely coffee and beautiful home baked scone, thank you:-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My visit was PERFECT!
I wanted an escape and needed wifi access. What i hadn't bargained on was walking in tired and being refreshed and my whole day brightened by the brightest of welcomes along with a lovely homebaked scone (todays special, white choc chip with homemade raspberry jam).
Talk about going the extra yard ........ I took great delight in watching the activities as i enjoyed my americano. Nothing was too much trouble, each table was looked after like they were VIPs and the chatter of how much the diners were enjoying the fare just made me want to book a table for an evening meal very soon.
Today's experience was like a lesson on how tasty 'truly homemade' is and an example of how service should be. Thank you Velvet Apple, already looking forward to my return:-)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Iains_Review
“Are you having a laugh. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Recently popped in for lunch. I had soup and sandwich, both were very nice but I was shocked when I asked for a coke and an empty glass (no ice, no lemon) and a can was placed infront of me. I cannot believe that they charge ��2.15 for a can the ultimate rip off. As I said the food was nice (but nothing better) and served on tiny, stupid platters.

There are plenty of better places around Troon. I for one won't be back !!

4 Thank P13AOK
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Having visited this establishment on three separate occasions over the past year I can not believe how some reviewers, though not all ,give it more than an average rating (perhaps they have lower standards) so much so that I have decide to submit my first review.
This is not the best cafe/ restaurant in Troon by a long way while not the worst it certainly is in the bottom half.
The food is of a reasonable/ok standard but certainly not remarkable or would want to make you wish to return.
Sandwiches are of a standard /quality similar to Morrisons supermarket cafe but more expensive.
The service is poor with uninterested and unhelpful staff.
There are far more reasonably priced places to eat with much better food and service in Troon.
If only they paid as much attention to service and food quality as they do to the decor.

• Visited October 2013