“Warm welcome, fast service”
Review of Velvet Apple - CLOSED

Velvet Apple
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Velvet Apple is our cafe/restaurant serving fantastic, locally sourced food that passes our high standards, delivered with a smile by our team of dedicated staff. We are open every day for coffee and totally scrumptious homemade cakes, also freshly prepared delicious lunches. We also open every Friday for our West End nights and every second Saturday for a themed night!
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We popped to Troon for the day and went here because of the great reviews on trip advisor.
It had a very welcoming and relaxed atmosphere.
The food was lovely too! Cullen skink was very hearty and the meringues were a real treat.
The staff were efficient although could have been a tiny but more relaxed at times.

Over all a really special wee place and no surprises it's no. 1 in Troon.

We will return!

2  Thank Glutenfreefruitcake

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Popped in for coffee and cake and were made to feel very welcome. A shame we had already eaten as lunch menu looked really yummy....much more interesting than the usual soup and sandwich stuff. Will go back for lunch sometime soon. Check out the babycinno for toddlers with aspiration to be grown up coffee drinkers....my 3 year old loved it!

4  Thank Steven H
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Thought I would try Troon's number one cafe for myself and I'm so glad I did. Went for lunch with my sister and we both noticed the great atmosphere of the place straight away. Staff seem to be close, making jokes with one another which created a happy, positive vibe. We also noticed lovely menus on the table for themed dinners on Friday and Saturday nights, very keen to come visit again and see if the Velvet Apple is just as great as a late night bistro as it is a day time cafe. I have a very fussy sister which can cause problems in some cafes but staff were very patient and understanding. Food was great, didn't have to wait long at all. My sister would also like to say that her hot chocolate was delicious. The cafe was busy but we didn't feel like we were being rushed out, great service even as we were leaving. We will definitely be returning, thank you for a lovely lunch!

3  Thank VickyHouston
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Most probably the best coffee shop in Troon. I have visited the Velvet Apple on several occasions, sometimes just for a coffee but several times to eat. On each visit we had a warm welcome followed by good coffee and a superb selection of cakes. The evening meals take on various themes such as Mexican and the standard of food has always been good. I would have no problems in recommending this place.

3  Thank Paul D
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Not quite sure what this place is aiming for. Had a really surly waitress with a massive attitude problem. Coffee not bad but the cake was dry & disappointing.

6  Thank Len069
velap4, Owner at Velvet Apple, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

We are really disappointed to hear you were unhappy with your recent visit to velvet Apple. We take all feedback very seriously and conduct regular staff training on customer service. I will certainly address your concerns at our next meeting.

All of our food is freshly prepared in house daily, and if your cake was in fact dry we would have happily changed this for you.

I would appreciate if you would contact us to discuss your concerns so that we can rectify the issue.

Kind regards