“Best chippy ever! ”

Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Troon
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Made fresh so you do need to wait a little longer than other chip shops but it is no other chip shop. It was brilliant and worth the wait. Amazing!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

having heard all the storys of this place we decided to pay it a visit .ok its a chip shop with a different choice than most which is good but 7.50 for a fish supper WHIT!! that's the first thing but if I am paying this much I expect it to be something special . the fish was cooked as u wait which was great then I was given chips that must have been there from the day before .like eatin toenail cuttings .sorry if you are going to charge these prices don't serve half a supper fresh n half out of date as I said NOT GOOD ENOUGH

2  Thank billybunter95
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Great fish caught locally. A wide variety of fish and seafood available - much more than your average chippy. Take away only. A bit pricier than your average fish and chip shop but it is worth the money for the selection and quality. Buy your fish and chips here and eat it on the seafront overlooking Arran - excellent!

1  Thank Ronboy_EK
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Took us about and hour to reach this special place but well worth the journey, we had been before and could not wait to go back. This tiny shop doesn't hold many people but no one seems to let that bother them ,we had to wait about 15 minutes. I ordered the Frito Misto and my husband the Haddock both with the fabulous chips this "wee" shop makes. The Haddock was well cooked light batter and a very good size, the Frito Misto was five pieces of different fish cooked in the light batter again both were absolutely superb, while waiting for my order I noticed on the menu that you could buy the fish pie to cook at home, we bought two and had them the following night and they made a very good meal with no effort on my part, this shop produces very good and tasty food and would recommend you try whenever in the area.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great chippy that seems to be getting known around the world and the queue out the door keeps on getting larger and larger. The food is good but the wait can be a bit unbearable.