“Disappointing batter and where were the chips?!”
Review of Wee Hurrie

Wee Hurrie
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Troon
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Popped in for fish and chips on a lovely sunny Sunday at the end of a cycling trip. The Wee Hurrie has never been cheap (£4.80 for a portion of Hake) for a takeaway but has always been good. But we must have had on off day as the batter was very oily and I could almost count on one hand the number of chips that were served. Very disappointing. I'll probably try one more time and then take my money elsewhere!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

absalutey the best fish and chips ive ever had! cooked to order and well worth waitng for just sorry it took so long to find it and try it!The choice on the menu was amazing lots of fish you have heard of but maybe not tried even the chips with white and fluffy inside. Fantastic! and we are just 15miles away!

2  Thank Colleen W
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've lived in Anstruther for two years, so I was a regular at the 'chippy' there, which I loved. Recently, I was told by some friends who live in Glasgow that they found a great little place in Troon. Went there during the bank holiday weekend to see what this is about and I have to say that it lived up to its reputation and even more!

The food is great, the fish was fresh and nicely cooked and, although we waited for more than half an hour, it was well worth it! We've had the monkfish and the campi with chips, both recommended! It's not the cheapest takeaway you can find (or the best looking for that matter), but you're gonna definitely get your money's worth out of it!

1  Thank t_statho
Reviewed May 19, 2013

When last in Troon we had heard of the Wee Hurrie but did not have time to visit. This is a Fish and Chip shop to die for. The 30 minute wait is worth it. The queue outside testifies to the brilliance of the fish suppers. All freshly cooked - the choice of fish dishes are stupendous. What a superb wee place.

2  Thank selina436
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A wonderful find. Food served while sticks last so you know its fresh> Sea food is wonderful. Take away.