“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wee Hurrie

Wee Hurrie
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, British, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Fish was fantastic. Everything was fresh and delicious. Staff are friendly. Perfect location. Will definitely be back and would recommend to anyone

Scotland
“We Will Hurrie Back.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

No axe to grind, took the Mrs who is so hard to please, this is our 6th/7th time at this wee chippy
Last Wednesday day after the wife's birthday. Nice walk along the beach then around 16.00. Fresh fish lovely chips doon on the quayside.
I am NOT a Fish fan....but I have to say,,,,,it was the best FISH & CHIPS I have had .
The Mrs was Happy so I was Happy.
Next time in Troon,,,,,which is regular as we nip over to Ireland on the P&O and always stop NOW on the return journey before heading back up the road ...
So to George 530 you must be unlucky or have bad karma.
If some thing is rubbish I am the first to voice it,,,so far so excellent

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dhb47tak
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“simply the best”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The best fish & chips we've ever had, the Monkfish, especially. Been numerous times & the standard has always been extremely high.

• Visited February 2013
“Terrible”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Possibly the worst chip shop i have been in. The chips were so hard ,i broke my plastic fork i was using. The seabass in beer batter was far too greasy. I actually had to put it in the bin. I was so disappointed as i had heard it was really good. I will not be back!!

West Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Great Fish & Chips”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We've searched long and hard for good fish and chips since returning to SW Scotland to live.
My hair dresser recommended The Wee Hurrie and I'm so glad that she did.
Everything is totally fresh. In fact the shop is at the end of the dock area, adjacent to where the trawlers unload their cargo - hard to get fresher than that.
The nice thing is the choice of fish... cod, haddock, sole, salmon, monkfish and more. The monkfish is my favourite but everything is excellent. Not oily at all and nice crispy chips.
It's all cooked to order so expect to wait for a short while, longer when it's busy.
We go either a weekday lunch time or early weekday evening 4.30 is when it's not to busy.
Highly recommended.