“Certainly not disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We regularly visit Two Fats at the Buttery and keen to try their restaurant at the Marine. Our experience yesterday lived up to our expectations. In terms of food quality and service it was certainly up there with the best. If I could just single out two of the staff for their excellent customer service and care it would be Lewis our server and Jen who I believe holds the position of Restaurant Manager. We will undoubtedly return to what was the best view in a Two Fats restaurant coupled with the excellent food and service we have come to expect from them. I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant

AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at Two Fat Ladies at the Marine, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Thank you for the fabulous review, I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We work very hard to be the best version of ourselves and it is encouraging to read such lovely feedback.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

not much to say here, the restaurant was pretty good, nice food, the staff was exelent, we also had breakfast here since we were guests of the hotel and breakfast were also very good,

AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at Two Fat Ladies at the Marine, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal! Thank you for choosing to dine with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Visited this restaurant recently and was very disappointed in the quality of the food and the service. First of all we sat for almost fifteen minutes before our drinks order was taken. The champagne when it arrived was not chilled. The bread for the crostini was burnt. The fish portion was exceptionally small. The service was poor. What more can I say!

2  Thank NeilstonTravellers32
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at Two Fat Ladies at the Marine, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am very sorry that your experience was not better. All comments are welcome however and are always discussed with the team. I hope that we will have another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome was offered upon arrival and the service level was maintained through out Thanks to Victoria and Beth
Delicious food, well balanced on flavour and portion size
We will be back. One small point - ask the hotel to add the option of contacting the restaurant to their automated service. Selecting reception resulted a 15 minute wait only to then be told that restaurant had a separate number. Must be losing business for you and that would be everyone's loss

1  Thank jacqui1967

Thanks for the great review. We work hard to maintain a high standard and its very encouraging to read such great feedback! I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed at the Marine hotel for four nights. The food in the restaurant is of a high quality, however the menu does not seem to change.There is usually a special dish for the main course which gives you an additional choice. The breakfast is brilliant with something to suit everyone.

AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at Two Fat Ladies at the Marine, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thanks for the review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that we will see you again soon.