“Good food & prime location!”
Review of Two Fat Ladies at the Marine - CLOSED

Two Fat Ladies at the Marine
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Good food & prime location!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I recently dined in this restaurant with friends. I think I can say that we all enjoyed the food which was tasty & well presented. The portions however were rather 'small'. I was also amused at the very small piece of bread we were given, although delicious!
The staff were very attentive, the views amazing!!!
The experience was good but for myself a little bit disappointing as I thought there would be more fish dishes since the restaurant is advertised as a 'Fish Restaurant', only cod & seabass as a main course... very poor indeed!
I'd love to go back but I definitely would like to see more fish dishes on the menu!

2 Thank Tinouayr
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at Two Fat Ladies at the Marine, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thanks for the great review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us. I've passed your feedback on our menu along to our chef as we regularly review and tweak the menu. Thanks for choosing to eat with us and I hope you are back with us soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent food service and scenery”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed in the Marine recently and could not fault anything in this restaurant - even breakfast was fab. In my view the stylish without pompous setting adds to the atmosphere of the meals and nothing was too much trouble. The food itself was everything we would wish and was up there with the best of them.

1 Thank MJM349
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at Two Fat Ladies at the Marine, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thanks for the super review! It is very encouraging to read such great feedback! Thanks for dining with us and I hope that we see you soon.
Renfrewshire
“lovely food”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

brilliant definate;y recommend resturant lovely meal if hotel was updated a bit it would be a great place with great food lovely resturant and lounge with great views over golf course and out to sea

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Morag G
Thanks for the lovely review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that we see you again soon.
Troon, United Kingdom
“Food ok but service was terrible”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Book a two course lunch with glass of champagne on arrival through 5pm.co.uk There was a special starter that was described to us as a smoked mackerel salad, but on arrival it was ceviche. I don't mind ceviche but it does put me off when the skin is still on. I heard the waitress describe this to other tables as a warm mackerel salad! I told the waitress that it was not what I expected, to which she replied I'll let the chef know. At no point throughout the meal did anyone come and ask if everything was ok. They gave you one tiny bit of bread and never asked if you wanted any other drinks. The main course tasted lovely but was luke warm. We had to wait approximately 15 minutes to ask for the bill. They should be trying to impress people that are there on a deal and encourage them to go back. The view and setting are gorgeous, food was ok but they definitely need to work on customer service.

2 Thank mckeegillian
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for any lapse in service you experienced, you certainly should have had far more attentive service than you have described and this has been followed up with the restaurant team. I apologise for any confusion with your special starter, we don't sell any ceviche dishes or prepare any of our seafood in this way.
Thanks for your comments and I apologise again for any shortfall in standard you may have received. I hope that we will see you again.
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Poor service, uninspiring food”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were staying at the Marine Hotel so thought we would try the restaurant. I was expecting a bit more than standard hotel food with the Two Fat Ladies brand.
Service was poor, there was a general feeling that the whole place was out of control. The food was bland and unexciting and very poor value for the money. Would not rush back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank mansoldave
Thank you very much for your review. It is very disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your time with us. I trust that my team were able to remedy the situation when you raised your concerns with them.
All of the comments are valuable to us and I thank you very much for passing on your feedback, I do hope that we will have another opportunity to impress when you are next in Troon.