“Nice relaxing ambience and good tasty food,”
Review of Two Fat Ladies at the Marine - CLOSED

Two Fat Ladies at the Marine
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow
“Nice relaxing ambience and good tasty food,”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Staying at the marine hotel tonight and just had dinner with my teenage daughter. Lovely food and informal service. We were able to choose from the restaurant menu and he bar menu, always a good sign for me that there are no strict rules as far as menus go! I have eaten at two fats on Dumbarton rd in glasgow , so it was a lovely surprise when we got here that they also have this one too, a good reason to return.

• Visited April 2014
AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at Two Fat Ladies at the Marine, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thanks for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal! I hope that we will see you again soon.

Kilwinning, United Kingdom
“Lovely, welcoming staff and amazing food!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had lunch here as part of a spa day. The chicken dish was beautiful as was the sticky toffee pudding! The view was lovely and the staff were very attentive, chatty and made us feel welcome. We will be back.

• Visited April 2014
Thanks for the brilliant review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I very much hope that we will see you again soon.
Glasgow
“Overpriced!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were staying at the Marine Hotel for my 40th and were really looking forward to dinner at this restaurant having heard great reviews about it however our experience was not a good one! Food was average and very, very overpriced - £150 for 3 courses not including alcohol. Will be eating in Scotts in Troon on any subsequent visits.

Visited January 2014
Thank you very much for your review, I was able to check your bill and you paid close to £150, however this included your overnight stay, breakfast and drinks. There is no combination of dishes on our menu that could get anywhere close to £150 for two people. I hope that we see you again soon.
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Nice surroundings, disappointing good”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to visiting this restaurant and my initial impression was very favourable, nice surroundings and very attentive staff.
However my fiancé and I were both disappointed by the food. His fishcake starter was greasy and overcooked, my chicken liver parfait lacked flavour and texture. His main was better, but the sauce that went with my blade of beef made me think that it was burnt, I left most of it. I expected toasted coconut to be part of our bavarois dessert but it was only flavour, no coconut. We had expected more from the two Fat Ladies, so ended up disappointed.

AndrewJDeighan, General Manager at Two Fat Ladies at the Marine, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for your review, whilst its great that you enjoyed the service I am sorry that you were not happy with the quality of food. We aim to serve nothing but the tastiest and freshest food we can and I am sorry if we did not do that on this occasion. All of the feedback we receive is discussed with the team and changes made where necessary.
Thanks again and I hope that we might see you again.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“First Class”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Excellent service and quality of food 1st class. Excellent choice and what a view. I would highly recommend the Two Fat Ladies at The Marine Hotel.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for the great review! It is very encouraging to read such great feedback, I hope that we see you again soon.