“Disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Troon, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

£4.75 menu - so not expecting much. Just cooked and tasty.
What did I get - tasteless mash (queried with staff - well ask if you want us to put butter in it - people have problems if we just make it in any other way!) Waiter did not ask me if I would like anything in it = a tasteless mash. Sprouts, carrots boiled to death. Peas - you can guess. Tomato undercooked with tough skin. Pineapple burned to death - hardly edible.
A good note - the fried egg was lovely - probably the only thing cooked to meet the order.
I left most of it on the plate. When I suggested that the mash was tasteless the waiter said you should ask us to add salt and butter to the mash; if that's what you want.
As I won't be going back it seems worthless advice to me.
IMHO

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank jim c

Glasgow
“My Favourite Restaurant in Troon”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Love this restaurant, best place to eat. Food always brilliant, good potions, freshley made, staff very nice 5 star!!!!

Visited May 2014
scotland
“Great lunch”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for lunch. We had a long walk and decided to eat before heading back. We have never been before. The staff were excellent and the lunch deal was £4.95. Food was fresh and tasty. Excellent will visit again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Superb food and excellent value”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The ill-advised take away menu boards at the entrance do The Swan a great injustice. Don't be put off by them for inside you'll find a great menu, friendly staff and high quality freshly cooked food. Really can't fault this place: as a family of four we ordered a variety of mains and puddings all of which were wonderfully presented and tasted superb. Finally, don't be put off by the low prices...Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

On a visit to Troon and not wanting to eat in the hotel, my mother and her friend took myself and my daughter here for a meal. Where do I start,staff friendly and like to mix with its patrons without being intrusive, the food was excellent and value for money is an understatement, my mum n friend took the pensioners option, good deal, where as I had the evening special deal that was two course for the price of one main. My daughter had the kids meal that when it arrived some adults might have struggled. Decor suits the area, plenty of golf pics. If your ever in Troon give this place a look in