“Weekend Visit”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Martin
Memphis,TN
“Weekend Visit”
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel with 2small kids and a teenager for the weekend. It was very average for the price however it would recommend it if your not looking for any frills! Its clean, pretty comfy beds and a sofa beds. Martin is a small town therefore the choices of hotels arent plentiful. We chose more ecomonic than the Hampton Inn for 100.00 per night. This room was $60.00 per night. Not bad plus we didnt spend alot of time there anyway. We went for a wedding. Continental Breakfast --not good, go across the street to McDonalds...lol

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dee W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We were visiting Martin for a last minute long weekend to visit family. We booked our king size room through hotels.com for $58/night. I really thought about booking the Hampton Inn up the road (a 3-star compared to Days Inn 2.5-stars) for $99/night and I'm so glad that I saved the money!
We arrived at 11am. I had called for an early check in and was told that we could check in at noon. We stopped in just to see if our room happened to be ready. It was. After 10 hours on the road with a 2 year old I was thrilled to be able to get into a room and take a shower!
The pool is fine, nothing to brag about. Old but clean and definately useful for a cool down!
I had read other reviews about not getting cell signals here, I have not had that problem at all. Free Wifi too.
The front desk has been COMPLETELY helpful and courteous. The driveway is a bit hard to get in and out of but thats nothing when you compare it to the value of the room!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kimmyrae85
Tyronza, AR
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My family and I have stayed here three times in past year. Each time we have had wonderfully clean rooms, beds and bathrooms. We have always been greeted with a friendly smile and cheerful conversation.
We travel to UT @ Martin to compete in the Quarter Horse shows at the Gov. Ned McWhirter Arena. The hotel is very close and convenient.
I recommend this hotel to anyone I personally know who will be travelling in the area and are in need of a very nice, clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay.

C. Griffin - Tyronza, AR

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed July 13, 2007

I stayed in the Days Inn Martin for 4 nights, and will never return. The hotel was arranged through my employer, and reserved in my room mate's name. I had driven 385 miles from Indianapolis, IN, and needed to contact the room mate, but did not have his cell number except in an email he had sent me earlier in the day. I attempted to log into the wireless service from the parking lot of the hotel on my check-in day, only to be accosted by a rude man representing the hotel. He threatened to have me removed from the property, and demanded that I immediately shut off my laptop computer. I asked if I could at least come inside to wait for the room mate to arrive, as it was over 90 degrees outside, and I had driven more than six hours to get there; he informed me that I would have to rent an additional room at the standard rate if I wanted to wait in the air conditioning since my name was not listed as the primary on the reservation. I waited four more hours in the car, and was just happy to be inside when we checked in later that evening.

In the 4 days we were there, my computer was never allowed acces to their wireless connection, and I was unable to send a fax through the telephone line as well. The staff said that my computer must be configured incorrectly (not true), and were unable or unwilling to help further. The room had an odd stale odor that never went away, and someone kept rifling through my carrying case containing my presentation projector. No "Do Not Disturb" sign was available to keep people out.

Overall, this was the worst example of "hospitality" I have ever encountered in my years on the road. It felt as though I was an intruder from the moment I entered the parking lot, and precious little was done to change the feeling in the four days that followed. If you find yourself in Martin, stay in the Hampton Inn just down the street from this place, and ensure a more pleasant experience for the duration of your stay.

• Liked — It was relatively quiet on the upper floor.
  • Disliked — Rude staff in a hospitality venue.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank dyno11
days_inn2007, Manager- Chris Patel at Days Inn Martin, responded to this review, August 8, 2007
This is a completely false statement. This gentleman came in wanted to check into a room that was reserved by a travel agency but was not in our system. He then stated that the room was infact under his roommates name. He then proceed to contact his roommate but was unable to. With our privacy protection policy we are prohibited from letting any one in a room that isn't registered under their name or has written permission for the registered guest. This gentleman then went out to his car & tried to access Days Inn interent, he was unable to do so do to the fact that we are pasword protected & only registered guests are allowed to access this accomidation. Our computer sent a red flag to our computers stating "an outside person is trying to access the internet w/out permission." We have this security to protect our guests privacy & the company system. The guest then asked why he couldn't use the internet, I stated that "you have to be a registered guest to access it." He proceed to go back out to his vehicle & sit. I then asked the gentleman if he would like to sit in our breakfast lobby where it was cool, & he could watch tv, the guest said no & continued out the door. A few mintues later I asked the man if he would like a bottle of wated since it was so hot, he said no. I came back in, the gentleman then asked if there was another way to access the internet? I stated that he would have to rent another room the man said no. After an hour I went outside & asked the gentleman if he would like a bottle of water? He said no once again. When the roommate finally arrived, I checked him in, & went & told the gentleman waiting that his roommate had arrived. The two men went to their room. We later made a courtesy call & asked if they had everything needed, & if everything was satisfacotory? They said yes, it was great, not problems. Later the two men asked for internet access which we gladley provided. The roommate was online, but the first gentleman was unable to connect, but his roommate was in the same room & was online at the same time we were speaking, so we provided him with technical support. We never stated that his computer was configured wrongley, technical support must have. How is it possible that two guests were in the same room & the first gentleman was the only one unable to connect? We do not go in our guests room with out their promission, & when we are given permission we do not touch any personal belongings. When the roommate (that the room was under) checked out, he was asked if everything was good? He said is was great, there were no problems. He stated that he had a good stay. We have several witnesses other then employees that heard me ask the gentleman if he would like to sit in our lobby, & if he would like a bottle water, there is also technical support for the internet, & the roommate that said everything was great. If you have any questions or comments concerning this matter then please feel free to contact me. Chris Patel-Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Martin hotels

Memphis
Reviewed June 25, 2007

I stayed here for my daughters cheerleading compition. The front desk clerk was so nice & very very helpful. I believe her name was Kayla or something along those lines. She was young & very energetic. She recommended great places to eat & great directions on how to get places at UTM. The rooms were ice & clean. They had microwaves, refridgerators, & irons. The pool was clean, & well kept. We will stay here the next time we are in town as well.

• Liked — If we needed any help the front desk lady was there 24/7
  • Disliked — There was nothing in town to do
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank p_g_r2001
boston,ma
Reviewed May 21, 2007

pool was close , but great place to stay. rooms are clean, staff is very halpful and frienly. very comfortable beds. intermet access was fast, definiitly great pace to stay. i recommended to all travelers.

• Liked — great clean and friendly staff
  • Disliked — pool was outside and it was close
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank libbysp123
chicago, il
Reviewed May 21, 2007

this is a very clean, well maintained hotel. the desk clerks were so nice and very helpful, they had all the right answers to my questions. the room was so clean and comfortable and they have everything in the room you will need, i even met the manager the next morning i checked out he thanked me for staying with days inn and even offered to make a future reserv for me which i did. i travel alot to this area for my job and i will always stay with days inn, the other motels in martin, which i have stayed as well, does not compare with this place. i recommend all to stay with days inn in martin.

• Liked — the cleanliness and well maintenanced property
  • Disliked — nothin
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank mrsfayefaye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martin
Hampton Inn Martin
No photo provided
Budget INN
#1 of 1 in Dresden
Pecan Grove Bed and Breakfast

Been to Days Inn Martin? Share your experiences!