“Brilliant food and friendly hosts (including Mobo)”
Review of Omaruru B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whiteness
Omaruru B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Whiteness B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I recently stayed here for business and it made the week enjoyable. The house it beautiful and the views are stunning. The weather topped it off as well.
The breakfast in the morning was lovely and made me feel like I was on holiday.
Having little mobo running around gave me a real homey feel due to having dogs at home and being around them all of my life, although if you don't like dogs the owners will have no problem containing him.
The "game" room downstairs is enough entertainment for me, hosting a full size pool table and ps2 with a nice stereo and ambient lighting.

Overall my stay here really topped off my journey around the Shetlands and I would definitely
recommend the Omaruru to any of my colleagues, friends or family. I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This place is fantastic. Its central to the mainland and easily accessible to all the main attractions. Erica and Brian were superb hosts. Excellent breakfast with great views of the Voe. Had a few games of snooker with Brian in the games room which was a great end to the day. I would not hesitate to recommend this to others, business or sightseeing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nothing was too much trouble for this very friendly family who allowed us the run of their house (including a full size snooker table in the games room). Breakfast was individually to order, well cooked and presented, with the inclusion of locally produced saucermeat on our final day.
Excellent local information was available - including a sports therapist for our son who hurt his back!
We will definitely be returning to the Omaruru!

Room Tip: No need to worry- all good rooms, spacious and well appointed, with total electric controls and vent...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Janet_robertson
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Situated on a strip of land between two Voes, Erica and her families beautiful home is in a stunning location on Shetland. With a very warm welcome on arrival, I felt at home throughout my stay. The accommodation was excellent with a fabulous dinning area with stunning views. Erica, Bryan and her two children were the perfect hosts. Mobo provided great entertainment!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed February 9, 2013

WOW. Thanks Erica and Brian, my first visit to Shetland and what a shining example of friendliness and hospitality. Erica also took the time to organise tickets for the Up Helly Aa ceremonies and explain the ins and outs of the festival.
Omaruru is only 10 minutes from Lerwick Harbour and 5 minutes from Tingwall. This ideal central location makes it a excellent choice for touring this deceptively large island. I'll be back as soon as I can if only to see the view from the breakfast room again.
Brilliant

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Situated 5mins drive from Tingwall Airport and 10mins drive from Lerwick, but not too close to any 'main' roads, Omaruru is a perfect base for any Shetland adventure.
The B&B is a beautiful building with only 5 or 6 guest suites, making it very quiet & intimate.
Our rooms were very spacious & comfortable with a lovely en suite and plenty of wardrobe space.

Erica & Brian were wonderful hosts, providing us with a wealth of local knowledge and were always full of suggestions of places to visit. They have two great kids & a lovely dog, Mobo, who is kept away from guests (unless you dont mind animals!)

The breakfast/common room was always immaculate & well-presented with stunning views out of the voe. There was a fridge which we were invited to use as our own, which was very useful. There was always a great choice of cereals/museli, toast/preserves, teas/coffee etc. but we had the cooked breakfast every day, which was very tasty!
We didn't use the snooker/TV room but if the rest of the B&B is anything to go by, it would have been great.

As we were staying during Up Helly Aa, Erica & Brian gave us a great idea of how things worked on the day as well as sourcing us tickets to a local hall for a night of brilliant entertainment! Going out of her way to provide us with this added experience & letting us in on how the locals do UHA made our trip much more special.
Im sure whatever time of year you were visiting Shetland they would have some insider knowledge for you!
I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend it to everyone. Omaruru seems to have this wonderful balance of a relaxed, homely atmosphere with that "waited on hand-and-foot" holiday feeling.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tina S
Reviewed February 2, 2013

When I first received my email to confirm that Erica had room available at 'Omaruru' I was a bit worried that it was quite far out of Lerwick, but I needn't have worried. It's easy to get to and is an amazing home/B&B with a lovely family, Erica, Bryan and children who are very accommodating & flexible with our comings and goings.
Erica sent texts & checked all the things that we might need to know, arranging tickets for the halls, where all the fun happens after the burning of the Viking Boat,for "Up Helly Aa", letting us know that the evening of amazing fun & dancing can go on til the early hours of the a.m. (We only managed til 2 a.m).
Our excellent Breakfast at Omaruru was made even better by the wonderful views south across the bay, watching the birds, waves & weather roll past, setting us up for a day of searching out beautiful locations around the island. Our rooms with on suite had the most amazing hot showers which were perfect to end the day, ready to jump into a comfortable bed.
Thank you Omaruru, we will be back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dawn S

Been to Omaruru B&B? Share your experiences!