“Friendly and welcoming”
Review of The Torridon Inn

The Torridon Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Torridon B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed 3 nights as part of short tour round the Western Highlands and Islands. Unfortunately we had terrible weather so were very grateful for our cosy and comfortable room. Well stocked hospitality tray, clean and pleasantly furnished. Loved the way the rooms were situated around a courtyard, each with its own entrance.
Friendly staff. Good food in the Torridon Inn bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine I
There are newer reviews for The Torridon Inn

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My partner and I have been here a couple of times and always found the staff to be very welcoming and friendly, we always got the same room which was a good size, clean and neat and the food has always been good. Great place too stay if you are a keen hill walker all though this least trip we made too the inn I couldn't go hill walking as I am 7 months pregnant, but walking around the grounds of the inn and hotel was just as beautiful and there are other activities too do....

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stay here yearly and know the ropes. This is the first week of the 2014 season. The great catering engine is cranking up to speed but it takes a few days. So:
Our early dinner, day 1.
Starters took 42 mins in coming from the time of ordering. Good grief, I was weak with hunger and we were the only couple in the bar apart from a gaggle of off-duty waitresses. I really thought it was our starters coming...yes....yes...oh no! The staff won.
Asked for bread and butter to stop ingestion of table knapkins and got it in 11minutes...£2.90!
Final fainting fits brought the starters. I will begin with my wife's " Fish cake with capers and parsley dressing + salad"
But no. There was no such dressing and the fishcakes were bone dry and made of boiled poatoes. Now don't get me wrong...I never blame waitresses. She was told of the lack, went to chef, came back. Explanation? The parsley and capers are in the salad dressing. Then where are they? In spite of intensive searching with police dogs and local volunteers not a caper could be found...though we did find a bit of pinkness in the fishcake, marbled through the cracks in the lumps of potato which was later identified, possibly, as fish...but the sample was too small to be certain.
I had a miserably miniscule starter of three paracetamol sized queen scallops on mashed peas with what was described as slow cooked pig's cheek...a teaspoonful of pork rillettes...lingua in maxillam. Just not good enough. I spread the stuff on my bread (£2.90) which was valuable and not to be wasted.
Wife ducked main course as too risky. I had a cute "char-grilled" poussin: small, tasty, nicely cooked but with little of the advertised char-grilling and lacking a glaze of any kind. Strangely the thing was cut cheffily in half (which may have been a safety check that all was cooked through. No other advantage that I could see.) The fowl morsel was served with minimum potatoes and a good enough rocket salad. Overall, too little and much, much too late. One hour and ten minutes seated, eating for 9 minutes! Service slow as treacle. The kitchen, not a serving staff, problem. But stay with me...the great catering machine flywheel is building up speed!
Next evening we thought the hell with the poncy over-ambitious stuff. Fish and chips for me and truly suberb burger for my wife. 13 minutes, service perfect. No complaints. Dessert a little too cold. Rock-hard choccy, nutty granache sort of thing.
The machine was up to speed by breakfast. All running smoothly. Boy, I love this place. Well done all. Watch the prices. Bread (£2.90). That's £2.90 for a bit of bread. £2.90. Sheesh.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank tectak
Reviewed March 29, 2014

stayed in a twin room. room was faultless other than kettle faulty. very clean and neat. was warm inside too most of the time. bathroom a bit remiss, too small, tiled floor that was lethal as water leaked out of the "shower over the bath" set up. shower screen inadequate and insufficiently moveable for the pressure of the water flow. no window. staff all unfailingly helpful and very agreeable. would go back. the few faults i have listed are easily fixed.

had two nights, both nights dinner in the bar. was pretty much off season, food choices a little limited but so be it. girls in bar all very helpful. was a bit cold in there though, this could also be addressed easily enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We have been here before and it was well worth returning. The rooms are excellent - spacious and very stylish. Food is excellent and staff are very friendly and helpful. I've no idea where the negative reviews came from as I couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Two different rooms both of equal quality so couldn't suggest anything
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grace Y
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very friendly welcoming staff, excellent room, evening meal was good as was breakfast.
The best bit is its location its absolutely gorgeous you have to go there just to soak up the surroundings. many activities near to hand we tried the archery great fun.

Room Tip: I was in a ground floor room, cottage style terrace
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alex19560202
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed the room, food and activities on offer. Regards, Dan & Rohaise

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Good family atmosphere, with welcoming, friendly and attentive staff. Good selection of food including children's options. Decent choice of real ales on tap. It was nice to sit and relax with a drink in front of the log-burning stove after a day on the hills.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet F

Thank you for your positive review and we hope you will return one day. Regards, Dan & Rohaise

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torridon
The Torridon
#1 of 2 in Talladale
Aultbea Hotel
Aultbea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Aultbea

Been to The Torridon Inn? Share your experiences!