Staying for one night, the inn was perfectly located for me to get to the start line of a cycling event 12-15 miles away. And it also served the perfect purpose of providing a comfortable place to stay beforehand, with a decent hearty breakfast to send me on my way (and a good meal the night before, but I'll put a separate review in the restaurant section for that).
We were staying in Room 31, which was a decent size, with a small-ish double bed, and a single bed. Both were incredibly soft, which isn't my choice, but you're never going to cater for ever individual's personal bed-softness preference. One thing to bear in mind though, if you're over 6 feet tall you will hand over the end of the beds. I'm 6'3", but my ankles are used to staying places where they overhang... The room was clean, as was the bathroom, though again for tall people this particular room has the shower placed over the bath, which is under a sloping ceiling, so there was a bit of crouching going on to get freshened up in the morning. Oh, and the walls are quite thin...
But. It just felt really welcoming, and at breakfast the following morning the hot choice was wide (in the end the bike ride dictated a massive bowl of porridge), with a decent cold spread from which to help yourself. The jams weren't quite ready, but the waitress sorted me out with a little jar with no fuss, and even later on obtained a piece of cling film for me (long story).
If you're hillwalking in the area I'd be hard-pushed to suggest somewhere more convenient to stay, and the welcome, combined with the clean rooms and good breakfast, all add up to a good rating. And if you 'are' walking, then the bar attached to the reception has a sign up saying muddy boots are welcome, so you don't have to worry about getting de-grimed before a refreshing pint (and there are some cracking local ales on offer).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern convenience meets cosy surroundings at The Torridon Inn which is situated 100 metres from the hotel, on the shores of Loch Torridon. Whether you use it as a base to enjoy some of the many activities on offer at our activities centre, or simply as an informal place to unwind at, you can be guaranteed a most memorable stay at The Torridon Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your The Torridon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Torridon Hotel Torridon
- The Torridon Inn Scotland