The rooms are based around a square courtyard of converted steadings adajacent to the Inn and have been well finished. The room was a good size with bathroom off. All very comfortable and warm - we stayed in October. Cleaning in the room could be better - the cold tap was dirty underneath which was noticeable every time I used the washbasin. One of the teacups still had the previous user's tea stained lip-marks and one of the teaspoons looked as though someone had used it to eat their yoghurt and the tea tray was dirty. A bit of cleaning to do before I start which is unexpected. Can I suggest that cups are removed and put through the dishwasher between guests ?
There is no view to speak of being within a courtyard. The Inn though, is set within the large grounds of the Torridon Hotel - the posh place next door ! We had a nice walk around these after we arrived - take your camera, the views are stunning. There are a wide variety of activities and the Inn is very suitable for families, although our kids are grown up now. The Inn had a cosy bar, games room and a separate restaurant. Some of the seating in the bar has seen better days though.
The menu in the restaurant appears basic with a few specials - we noticed that the unattractively named 'belly of pork' was on every night while we there, tweaked nighlty in some way - guess they didn't have much success with it. However, the basic menu must be tried - it defies its initial basic description as the food was produced superbly. We had the 'pie of the day' (but didn't change by the day) which was very tasty. Try the mussels also, which come with two bread rolls so you can soak up the delicious sauce - superb ! Breakfast was excellent - with the tastiest porridge I have had in a long time. Obvious quality in the ingredients - sausage, black pudding, potato scone - all very high quality and set us up nicely for the day.
The setting of this place though is amazing. If you like outdoor activities - it would be difficult to beat the location and facilities. Staff - all very friendly and professional - a pleasure. Overall we had an excellent stay and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern convenience meets cosy surroundings at The Torridon Inn which is situated 100 metres from the hotel, on the shores of Loch Torridon. Whether you use it as a base to enjoy some of the many activities on offer at our activities centre, or simply as an informal place to unwind at, you can be guaranteed a most memorable stay at The Torridon Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your The Torridon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Torridon Hotel Torridon
- The Torridon Inn Scotland