“A special lunch”

Dornoch, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A special lunch”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had a very delicious lunch of salmon and roasted vegetables with my daughter and her daughter (9 months). The ambience is so pleasant and the staff are always welcoming and helpful.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Auchlea

Highlands
“another good place to eat in Tain”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Eaten here a few times, always good. Do a great Xmas lunch for office parties. Nice view over fields to Dornoch Firth if you sit in the right place.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank lotterywinner
Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great hotel/restaurant”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been there on previous visits and find the staff very welcoming and friendly. As I was with my daughter, son-in-law and baby son, they were also very good at providing a high chair for him. Food was lovely and well presented. Toilets very clean. Good parking. Well signposted on left off A9 northbound on Tain By-pass.

Visited October 2012
“Would not rush back!!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

my husband and I went to sunday lunch here , as we are new to the area and wanted to try some nice resturants,first impressions looks ok, nowt special but tidy , on entering the bar clean and tidy, on being shown to our table in the conservatory section nice view ,very sparse no atmosphere , carpet in here could do with some tlc and please its not christmas so why have tinsel and lights on ceiling? Unless they have been there all year collecting dust,a put off for me. the staff werent really friendly in fact they seemed to be kids having to do a job rather than wanting to do a job we had starters, of soup and melon that was fine for dinner my husband ordered a extra side for his meal that never arrived, he had roast pork, I had the lamb shank which I would not say was no better than I cook at home , pork was very dry, never got waiter or waitress over during the meal to ask if everything was ok. They would all stand at door chatting. dessert I would advise against the meringues they were so hard I had to leave most of it, we were asked if we wanted any sauce with our dinner husband went for apple sauce this was brought to the table and put on plate by the waiter would have preferred to do this himself as his not disabled and would have like his own quantity not the small portion given, cut backs I supose !!! one waitress threw a basket of chips over one customer whom then picked them up and said sorry but not offered another basket of chips,
I go for first impressions and quality of food so if we are not impressed on the first visit i certainly would not go again so this place I would miss, seems to try to give you the impression of a top class resturant but clearly has a long way to go !not good value for money!

2 Thank Scoobydoos123
Letham, Angus
“Best restaurant in the Highlands.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Derek and Heather know how to ensure you have a wonderful experience at their restaurant. The food is fantastic, the staff are all well trained and polite (and good fun). If you are in the area you must give them a try, and they have rooms I understand are equally as good.
If it's for golf (Derek knows his stuff), business or just a lovely meal, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012