“Christmas Dinner” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morangie House Hotel Garden Restaurant

Morangie House Hotel Garden Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Tain
Cuisines: British, Steakhouse, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Back to its Best. We use all local produce and have resurected this restaurant back to its glory days. Our aim is to use fresh local produce at a reasonable price. Our Sunday carvery now boasts an average attendance of 100 plus and all for £12.95
Tain, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Christmas Dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went as a party of 13 for christmas dinner meal and service was not as expected our bill ran to over £800 and we will not be back 3 times we asked for a wine list or bottle of wine and we are still waiting yet the vegatables were very poor, brussels, cauliflower, we never got the sugar snap peas or gratin potatoes that some had they were either raw or severely undercooked definately not al dente, the roast potatoes were okay as was the turkey. The sweets were passable but to be honest I could have made better myself and did for our own boxing day meal. The cheese and biscuits were an extremely sad affair with a fwe bits of cheese but loads of celery matchsticks and very few grapes. So all in all with canapes which were stale at the start and coffee which to be honest was one of the best parts of the meal the Morangie and its staff ripped us off this year and we will not be back. The only reason I have give the atmospher a high score is because we made it for ourselves

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NickyB783

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch ....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Visiting family in nearby Dornoch, decided to go to The Morangie Hotel for our Sunday lunch. I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is quite nice (in the conservatory to the front / side of the hotel), and the staff were brilliant. It was a carvery deal with great starters to choose from, and the main courses were excellent with four roasts!. As if that wasn't enough, the sweet / dessert selection was fantastic. All round, it was great, and we would certainly go back when next in the area. In terms of cost, it was about £15 per head for adults, and half price for the kids. Excellent.

• Visited February 2013
dornoch
“Christmas lunch 2012”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were looking forward to a lovely lunch on christmas day after good food here earlier in the year. The service was fast perhaps a little too fast at times as it seemed as the table was cleared the next course arrived. The food, well they were in such a hurry parts of the starters were forgotten but replaced when pointed out, for the main course we had 3 venison and 1 halibut, the halibut was very good but the venison was over cooked with a bitter sauce even so it was quite tender, the vegatables were very poor, brussels, cauliflower, sugar snap peas and even gratin potatoes were either raw or severely undercooked definately not al dente, the roast potatoes were excellent. The sweets were passable. The cheese and biscuits were an extremely sad affair with four thin strips of cheese and six small oatcakes between the four of us but loads of celery matchsticks and some grapes. So all in all with canapes at the start and coffee to end a luncheon unworthy of the Morangie or Christmas but one of the fastest meals ever served.

Perth, Western Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phoned my Mum in Australia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

And said... "Had Christmas lunch at Morangie House Hotel Restaurant, thats the sister Hotel of where we are staying at Mansfield Castle Hotel, and was blown away. Seriously Mum, not for a second did I ever imagine that I (48yo) could say I've had the best meal of my life, but I now have. The extremely well cooked simple meals and exquisite desserts were plentiful and mouthwatering. My cheesecake was Heaven - unlike any I've tasted before. The decor was warm and welcoming. The service was quick friendly and efficient. I wish you and Dad had been with us."

We are a family of 7, myself, hubby, son 22yo & his girlfriend 18yo, son 20yo, son 19yo, daughter 14yo. ALL gave lunch 9 out of 10... 1 point off for the smelly cheese on the delectable cheese platter, which in most parts of the world is a delicacy.

We are a family from Claremont in Western Australia and have had many good meals. But none this great.

Thank you John and Staff, it was a really memorable Christmas Luncheon.

1 Thank Staum M
Highlands
“Another gem in Tain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Tain is a haven for good food. I've eaten her a few times now. Each time has been wonderful. Their Sunday Carvery's are well worth the money and very fresh and tasty. The starter and pudding are as nice as the carvery. Book early as it fills up quick. I also had an evening meal there and it was very good too. It's hard for me to be impressed by other people's lasagne but this was very good. As was their Creme Brûlée with homemade shortbread and a strawberry for good measure.

Visited November 2012