“The trip of a life time.”
Review of Ross Villa B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tain
Ross Villa B&B
Ranked #6 of 15 Tain B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The purpose of our trip was to golf, but ultimately many of our best memories are staying at Ross Villa B&B. It was my husband's first experience staying in a B&B, and he was more than pleasantly surprised. Our hosts treated us like family, the room, showers and bed were fabulous after a day of golf, short walk in to eating establishments. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed in Tain for one night with my parents and my sister and I really recommend Ross Villa as an accommodation. Beautiful house in a beautiful place. Really clean, tidy and peaceful. The rooms are very nice. I felt like being in a hotel. Except the environment was more cozy. At the breakfast there was a great selection of different kind of options and the food was good and fresh. And if you are travelling by car, you can park the car to the yard. The service was kind and warm. Really a good experience!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here last year, when cycling from Lands End - John O' Groats. I can honestly say that the hospitality and standard of accommodation is first class. I can't emphasise enough how much I appreciated the quality of the accommodation and the way my hosts looked after me.

Don't think that having cycled about 800 miles in 10 days meant I would have been happy sleeping anywhere - far from it. If you're looking at reviews for this B&B you're probably considering staying - well stop considering and get it booked.

I didn't leave a review at the time, because I am relatively new to Trip Advisor. Book with confidence.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed one night in Ross Villa. My wife (who has a background working in hotels) described it as the best B&B she ever stayed in. The double room was spacious, spotlessly clean with beautiful decor. The furnishings were excellent with a lovely dressing table. The ensuite was clean, modern and spacious. The breakfast in the modern was beautiful. The poached egg was perfectly done (and locally sourced), the mushrooms were oven-baked (thank you) and the overall breakfast was to an excellent standard. We really enjoyed our stay (a perfect stop en route to Orkney) and we will definitely stay here again. Thank you to the lovely couple who were excellent hosts and we hope to see you both and Mr. Plod (the cat) when we visit again

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I have no hestitation whatsoever in recommending Ross Villa to any prospective guests seeking accomodation in or around Tain. Mrs and Mrs Ross were swift and very accommodating in their responses to my original enquiry and subsequent booking. They also arranged a taxi transfer for me from the station. I had a long (5 hour) train ride from Edinburgh to Tain to attend an interview and I arrived quite late (10.30pm), but this was not a problem for them and I was greeted with a warm, professional welcome. The room was spacious, with a single and double bed, roomy ensuite bathroom with walk-in power shower, and wall mounted LCD HD Ready TV (approx 18in) with Freeview. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. There was a plentiful supply of information on local places of interest. Breakfast was served swiftly and was perfectly cooked, accompanied by a selection of cereals, fruits and yoghurts. The welcome and accommodation added a particulalry pleasant aspect to a trip that was quite intense in a work sense. Tain itself was also lovely and would make an ideal base to explore Ross and Cromarty, and if I ever get the opportunity to return my first port of call for accommodation will be Ross Villa.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Recommended off this very site and it sure didn't disappoint. Ian and Ray were the perfect hosts, the food was fantasic, rooms imaculate and the loaction perfect. I could not recommend this place highly enough!

If you are planning on visiting Tain or the surrounding area this is the pace to stay! Scott

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Fullmetal0128
Reviewed October 31, 2010

This was our very first trip to this area of Scotland, and we wanted to make Tain our base to do a bit of exploring. We found Ross Villa on-line, and looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor, which were all excellent, so our decision was made. We booked for two nights. Ian and Ray are lovely, friendly and welcoming hosts who willingly gave us plentiful information on places of interest and other small towns to visit during our stay.
Their villa is a very well-appointed B & B, attractively set in well-maintained gardens, with good parking spaces for cars. Our room was spacious, nicely furnished, and comfortable bed with good quality bedding. The ensuite bathroom was also roomy, bright and pristine, with walk-in shower which gave a tingingly powerful and refreshing shower. Great for waking you up in the morning, particularly if you can finish off with a cold shower! Breakfast is delivered in a bright and airy dining room, where you can look through into the lounge and beyond the lounge windows out to the Dornoch Firth. Lovely!
There is a choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fruit juice, and the hot breakfast of sausage, bacon, black pudding, eggs, (all local produce) tomato and mushroom is beautifully presented on large, white dinner plates. Very appetising. Toast, variety of jams and marmalades, tea and coffee completed breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast both mornings we were there. Both nights we took a leisurely walk into centre of Tain for dinner and tried two of the local hotels - The Royal Park the first night, and the St Duthus on the second night. Both offered a good, varied menu at reasonable prices, in pleasant surroundings and with friendly, attentive staff. The St Duthus just had the edge with atmosphere. Harry Gow's bakery and cafe is a good place to go for a warming plate of homemade soup at lunchtime, and have really tasty cakes and buns too.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Tain and our stay with Ian and Ray and would have no hesitation in recommending them and Ross Villa to our family and friends, and we would return here ourselves the next time we are up in this area of Scotland. They run a really classy establishment.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple