“A complete gem!”

The Royal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Tain
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“A complete gem!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We love the food at the Royal. I have reviewed the carvery before and it wasn't as amazing as the food in the main bar/ restaurant.
The highlights are the roast of the day, the goats cheese salad starter and the most delicious garlic mushrooms starter.
Amazing, delicious, we would go every week if we could.

• Visited March 2013

Ardgay, United Kingdom
“Mother's day lunch”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I took my Mother, wife and kids to the Royal for lunch on Mother's day. The kids had prawn cocktail, we had the chicken terrine which was excellent.
My wife and kids had roast beef with all the trimmings. There were two large thick slices of beef on each plate. The only thing I could fault was that I like my beef a bit more pink but that's just me. My mother and I had lamb which again was ample and delicious. None of us had puddings as we were full.
Would definitely go back.

1 Thank finlaymcculloch
Bottom of a mountain Scotland
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a lovely meal at this hotel. Friendly staff, huge portions and very tasty, would recommend. The place has a nice atmosphere

Visited April 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“excellent lunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Attracted by the wide choice in lunch menu displayed at entrance to hotel we both eventually selected the roast beef as main course. The beef was cut well and tasted sublime. The vegs served separately were hot and not overcooked. Service was very good. Only negative was no ice available with drinks.

• Visited February 2013
Dornoch, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Staff Night Out”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We did have a nice meal but it just didn't have the WOW factor. Serving prawn cocktail in wine glasses made it difficult to enjoy it and to get all all of it out of the glass. It was just an okay meal

Visited December 2012