Crystal House (Richmond Hotel)
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Strathpeffer
See available hotels
Ben Wyvis Hotel(Strathpeffer)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Dower House(Muir of Ord)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsphil and sarinamauritian foodwarm welcomefour poster bedfree wifilovely mealold buildingon arrivalretreatpickleshostsscotlanddietstvpetsspiritualvillage
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The richmond hotel is one of the best places i have ever stayed!
Jeremy and Heather were two of the nicest and most accomidating people I have ever come across.
I stayed in the hotel for my sisters wedding, the rooms were massive for getting ready in and were spotless.
The beds were lovely and comfortable, even the bunkbeds!
The breakfast was fantastic with a great deal of choice and quick service.
The bar area was lovely and heated and although it was quiet it suited us well as we brought a number of the wedding party up the night after the wedding for a few drinks in the well priced bar.
The surrounding area was lovely and a perfect venue for a wedding!
Thanks again to everyone for making the weekend so enjoyable!!!
Would recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank chig91
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Don't let first appearances deceive you as the signage and the exterior of the hotel are not indicative of what you will find inside. The host, Jeremy Fitch is charming and very accommodating and the hotel rooms are spacious, clean and furnished appropriately for this Victorian era hotel. From the moment that we entered the hotel, Jeremy made us feel welcome. As well, Heather is an excellent cook and all the meals that we had within the hotel were excellent. Consequently , we would recommend this hotel to our friends and family and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sudbina
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I stayed at the Richmond for a friends wedding but unfortunately it was a disappointment. Location wise it was lovely, breakfast was ok but the hall on the first floor absolutely stank of stale smoke. The room was ok but small but the bathing facilities were dreadful. No shower, only a shower head connected to the taps and no hot water. I may be a bit old fashioned but I'd expect if I was spending £75 to stay a night there's be a shower, hot water and no smell. I was expecting to be asked whether I enjoyed my stay upon checking out, nope not even that basic courtesy. I would stay in Strapeffer again but definately not at the Richmond, thumbs down.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank maupa77
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Richmond Hotel for a night while attending a wedding in Strathpeffer, and we both really enjoyed it. The hotel itself is lovely - we had a large room with great views, a big bathroom and a very comfortable bed. The room was very clean with crisp linen and fresh towels, and the breakfast in the morning was great - just what we needed after a few too many wines at the wedding the night before.
However, the best thing about the hotel is the hosts, Jeremy and Heather. They allowed us to check in early to get ready for the wedding, and when my boyfriend discovered that he had left his kilt shoes and cufflinks behind in Aberdeen, Jeremy kindly lent us his! He was an absolute lifesaver! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a romantic or family getaway, it was great.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AussiegirlScot
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Food: Not good, Large portions but of things you could easily cook at home. My thai curry was just a bog standard chicken curry. Soup far too salty. Breakfast was ok but lacked something. Restaurant freezing with no atmosphere.

Room: Absolutely freezing when we arrived. Not enough towels. No soap in the bathroom! Single beds tiny. Could not get an even temperature in the shower.

Hotel generally needs a re-vamp.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family