“Best steaks!”

RedPoppy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
RedPoppy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: RedPoppy Restaurant is an elegant restaurant situated on the main street in Strathpeffer. Featuring a varied evening menu with exciting dishes full of flavour, there is something for everyone. The evening menu changes regularly. RedPoppy Restaurant also offers a light lunch menu featuring the ever popular RedPoppy Club sandwich as well as customer favourites chicken fillets with sweet & sour sauce and macaroni with garlic bread. RedPoppy Restaurant will seat between 50 and 60 guests and is a light, airy space with amazing paintings by local artist Nicola Macdonell.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Been here a few times now and never had a bad meal, staff are nice and attentive and the food is just amazing. Always had the steaks when I've been, just can't go there and not have one!! Big menu as well, hard to choose as all sound very tasty. Will definitely keep going back.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our party of 4 people made a booking here and we arrived about 15 minutes early at 1815hrs. This proved to be no problem as we were the only people in the restaurant at this time. During the next 30 minutes other people arrived to take another 4 tables so atmosphere in the restaurant was OK. The young girl who served us was polite and charming. However, there was a somewhat older women who was rather surly and obviously thought she was doing us a favour. I think the owner needs to have a few words with this women about her attitude to clients. Now to get to the good points. The food was of a very good standard. I had a Thai fish curry and it was just beautiful. My wife had the pasta dish(Navarin of fish) also very tasty. I couldn't manage a dessert but I tasted some of my wife's brûlée and it was delicious. All together a good evening just slightly spoiled by the attitude of one member of staff

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Having been to the red poppy before which was great a few years ago we decided to go again for my friends birthday for a treat. I ordered the chicken and haggis which was nice however my 2 friends ordered the chicken fillets in beer bater! The batter was not cooked properly it was all soggy And they could not eat it so when the waitress said was everything ok we said what was wrong and she said oh ok!!! That's not the answer that should of been given an apologie would of been nice! Then when paying we told another lady who did not know about the complaint and she said its because it was beer batter I then told her it was not cooked properly and she said ill try get them to change it!!!!! There was still no apologise made and being a local this was not a good impression u might get away wit it to tourists but not to locals!

1  Thank Alic796
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The service of the young waitresses was great really cheerful and welcoming. The food was great the Cullen skink was rated as the best in a long time and the mussels were the best I've tasted outside France. The quality of ingredients was also top notch the chef deserves a huge pat on the back for the top quality cooking of every part of every dish.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nice food with good service. Not a huge choice of meals but enough. The
food was well presented but varied from night to night (of the two nights
we used it) – different chefs, probably: the first one was a little better
than the second!

Shame they don't open later in the evening.