Stayed for a week at this hotel on a holiday with Shearings. Food was good from a varied menu - a different dish each day for the evening meal and was not lacking in quantity. Allocated room was on the front overlooking village (we did not pay extra for this). Well furnished and clean although the sash windows might prove draughty in cold/windy conditions. The bed was far from comfortable having a very well worn mattress and creaky base. Obviously, the hotel management either do not inspect these or they have a policy of not replacing them until they fall apart.
Entertainment on most evenings ranging from Bingo to Scottish dancing but the bar left a lot to be desired. No local Scottish ales on tap - only a run of the mill English beer, Guinness and a lager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland