Just back from another of Shearings bargin breaks at Strathpeffer and pleased as ever for value for value for money.
Lovely old hotel full of character and history
Very comfy room but shame was a little cool due to draughty windows and heat lost due to how the curtains are hung and radiator in bathroom not working.
Nice and clean and staff lovely and friendly.
food was really first class and obviously a very competent chef, variety of dishes and always lovely and hot. waitresses very friendly and hard working. well done to everyone for making our stay very enjoyable.
Trips out were very good and full of information and stories which helped enhance the Scottish experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland