This was our 2nd visit to this Hotel (Self-Drive holiday) and we were very impressed by the staff who couldn't do enough for us. My husband does a lot of mountain walking and they advised him on routes and printed the local weather forecasts out for him. He set off at 5am one day so was going to miss breakfast. He decided to order some sandwiches which he should have paid for but they waived the charge and the Night Porter kept them in the fridge for him. I have M.S. and rest in the afternoons so after being told the cleaning staff made sure our room was cleaned in the morning. The staff in the Dining room were very accommodating. If you weren't sure of the food when it was served they would change it for you, not that we never needed to. All the staff were always cheerful extremely helpful and interested in how your day had been when you returned. They all worked very hard aswell. Everywhere was very clean, but could probably do with a lick of paint in some areas. The hotel is in a beautiful area and Stathpeffer itself is a lovely village. We will definitely be going back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland