my husband and i went on a National coach trip for 3 nights.We had booked for Braemar but trip cancelled so chose this one instead. Having read previous reviews I requested a room with a shower and the room we got was clean and spacious with a bright clean updated bathroom with proper shower. The decor was alittle dated but was clean and perfectly adequate. This is a large hotel with several coach parties in at any one time, but very well organised. breakfast in the large characterful dining room was very good with self service starter and waiter main course. Dinners were ok, plenty of it, but remember they are catering for a lot of people. The people on our table who had soup one night sent it back as it was thin and tasteless, but it was quickly replaced with another alternative . The staff in restaurant and indeed in all of the hotel couldn't have been more helpful. This hotel has been very grand in its hey day and the public rooms reflect this. The one thing I would say is that the lift was broken all the time we were there and many elderly people struggled with the stairs. One lift is not enough for the size of this hotel. We certainly found our break to be excellent value for money and Strathpeffer is a pretty town offering plenty of walks. Do visit the old station!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully set in its own grounds with lovely views over the colourful village square, this chateau style hotel’s traditional features have been carefully retained to strike just the right Highland note. A warm welcoming feeling comes as much from the friendly staff as from the fine wood panelled public rooms which have been carefully preserved. Strathpeffer itself is just steps away from the hotel and is renowned as an attractive Highland spa resort with fabulous Victorian architecture. Be sure to enjoy the scenic views of the village below from the open veranda. The massive peak of Ben Wyvis is the backdrop to this charming village. It’s a perfect base from which to explore Scotland’s dramatic Northern Highlands – mountainous countryside, sparkling streams, waterfalls and golden shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your Bay Highland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer
- Bay Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, Scotland