“Reasonable Meal”
Review of Tigh an Eilean

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shieldaig
Tigh an Eilean
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shieldaig
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Reasonable Meal”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

A reasonable meal in the hotel bar. Good but not excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sunderland
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for one night in early June. A nice little hotel with great views from the front. Very clean & comfy, in our room there was no shower just a bath with a type of shower attachment, breakfast was ok but when all is said and done £150 per night for a double B&B was overpriced. I would recommend this place if you could get on some kind of offer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mtansey
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I found this to be a charming little hotel with real character together with both friendly and caring service. The two rooms that I stayed in during my trips were very comfortable, although no television, that said there is a reasonable Wi-Fi connection throughout the building. The restaurant is very good and I found the same when dining in the adjoining bar next door (which appears to be served by the same kitchen)…All round I’m very happy with my stay at Tigh an Eilean and will be sure to visit again should I find myself in the area in times to come. Top marks…gold star.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Scotland
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Had a few drinks in the bar and ate in the upstairs dining area. Pizza is wood fired and was very good, but at almost £14 you would hope it would be. They sometimes have ale from An Teallach downstairs in the bar, usually served up by a friendly young gentleman with more knowledge of xbox's than beer!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2012

5 stars for this comfy home from home.

Loved the breakfasts and choice of formal or informal dining in adjacent bar.

Honesty bar and great pack lunches.

You pay for such standards but on a warm weekend theres nowhere better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Tunstall
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We visited the restaurant for lunch on Monday, with our daughter. Shieldaig is a place I have always wanted to visit and I was not disappointed. The food at the Tigh An Eilan was exceptionally good and the staff helpful, very friendly and in all honesty, could not do enough for us. It was somewhat of a relief that my wife left her glasses there and, on the following Wednesday, we had to make the round trip from Skye to collect it - of course, it being such a long way, we just had to stay for lunch again!! Excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed here last year, and it suited us to do so again. The location is beautiful, and the hotel looks directly out at Loch Shieldaig. Food is norfmally very good - either in the hotel or in the bar/terrace next door. This year the chef was injured, and the kitchen and restaurant were in some confusion. So dinner was a disappointment.
The hotel is cosy, but my room had a bath only - and I prefer to shower. There was a shower take off from the taps, but as is often the case with these, very little pressure was available and temperature control impossible. In any case, there was no shower curtain, so you have to sit in the bath!
No TV either - not a great loss given the views and location, but at standard rate of £75/night B&B I felt the room was poorly equipped.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shieldaig
The Torridon
#3 of 5 in Gairloch
Loch Maree Hotel
Loch Maree Hotel
#1 of 2 in Talladale

Been to Tigh an Eilean? Share your experiences!