“Mountain bike reccy”
Review of Kinloch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shieldaig
Kinloch
Ranked #2 of 6 Shieldaig B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic setting with very welcoming and informative hosts. We stayed in the larger of the two cottages this was equipped with everything that you require for a stay, it is very comfortable with a wood burner in the sitting area to warm you after a cold day out. There is more than enough space in the drying cupboard to cope with a wet day out for 3 mountain bikers. The breakfast was taken in the main property and the options were absolutely fantastic. Great place to stay looking forward to a return visit.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jellybaby_927

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced and a great breakfast. The cabins were really nice and the owners super friendly and accommodating. Great friendly dog, too. Great place if you're on a budget because you get a great big breakfast and I believe you can use the canoe and games hall at no extra cost. Bike accommodation too. Great location. Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I arrived by bike having battled the northerly gale and rain storms to a charming place by the loch side. The owner spied my soaking shoes and immediately offered to take them and dry them out near their Aga.

The room was very clean, well furnished with a comfortable bed and good en-suite.

I had opted to have an evening meal which given the length of the walk into Shieldaig village was a wise choice. The food for both the evening meal and breakfast was excellent.

Very enjoyable and fully recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013

There are a lonely house beside loch. The view is very good and air is fresh. We stayed 1 night at their second house second floor. We have a big warm bread in the morning. We enjoyed to stay. The owner give organic food and tea. I like it.

Room Tip: It was very nice, but one thing is I couldn't use wifi.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 정민 이
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Claire and Richard are so hospitable and full of local knowledge. The location and model is ideal for a B & B which feels like having the privacy of self-catering yet wonderful food is at hand in the owners own house.

Room Tip: smaller cottage is ideal for two +dog and kids could also climb ladder to the loft and then you are...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

"Probably" because I cannot warrant that there aren't even better accomodations out there having just stayed (2 nights) at Kinloch. What I can say with certainty on the other hand is that the Richard and Claire will go above and beyond your expectations to ensure that you enjoy your stay at Kinloch. First off, location is excellent: Kinloch is located just out of Shieldaig and has a superb view of the Shieldaig bay. We stayed at the small cottage just next to the main house where breakfast is served. Second, the very welcoming couple will provide plenty of useful information on what to do in the area. Eg our children wanted to do some fishing and Richard actually drove us to the fishing spot , showed us the fly fishing basics, lent us the fishing material, provided spare boots which I had left in France, gave us maps and clear indication on the nice path leading back to Kinloch etc. etc. Third, Kinloch has lots of leisure equipment readily available at no additional costs: table tennis, rowing boat, table football etc. What mroe can I say? Thanks again for your great hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was very glad to have come across Kinloch one evening in March after it was dark.Although I hadn't booked in advance, Claire ad Richard made me very welcome and showed me to a large comfortable room. In the morning, I saw the superb location of Kinloch, which overlooks Loch Shieldaig.
The breakfast was excellent, with homemade bread and fresh fruit. Richard was happy to spend a lot of time answering my questions about the solar water heating systems installed at Kinloch.
If you can't do without TVs, e-mails, internet etc, this is probably not the place for you but, if you enjoy a holiday away from it all, I recommend Kinloch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank glasgowoman

Been to Kinloch? Share your experiences!