“Great fun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of EcoVentures

EcoVentures
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Cromarty
More attraction details
Owner description: Boat trips from the beautiful village of Cromarty. Wildlife regularly encountered includes; the resident colony of Bottlenose Dolphins, Seals, Seabirds and the occasional Minke Whale. Daily sailings from Easter through until October weather permitting. Booking highly recommended.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Though we didn't see any dolphins, we did get to see a good collection of wildlife (birds). The tour guide was very informative, friendly, and helped my wife tremendously with her initial fear of being in such a small (but stable) boat.

2 Thank MikePulsifer

London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Enjoyable and informative boat-trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've taken an EcoVentures boat trip on three separate occasions now and had great experiences each time. It's a friendly company who know the Cromarty Firth and surrounding areas well and will guide you around the local wildlife during a roughly 90-minute trip on a RIB. If you're lucky you'll see dolphins (very active on my last visit in September 2013), but even if you don't, the chance to go out on what can be a thrilling boat journey, and which will undoubtedly involve some great close-up views of the local sea-bird colonies, shouldn't be missed.

1 Thank Brother T
Fortrose, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A review in defence of Ecoventures!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Not sure how many of you, have read the review by Ge0ff23? But all I can say is how disgusted I am, with a pathetic, and insulting load of rubbish towards Ecoventures. Incase a lot of people don't realise, dolphins are wild, and of which, come and go as they please. Also to mention, in the Ecoventures description, a small historical section is covered during your trip. Sarah is a fantastic, very professional, and highly experienced skipper, and not a magician. I mean come on. She doesn't drop her arms in the water, click her fingers, and Hey Ho! Here come the dolphins! And if you listen carefully during your briefing, she does stress, sightings aren't guaranteed. I've been doing this boat trip for a few years now, and on some occasions not seen them myself. But that hasn't put me off in any way, for my 2013 return trips. Because when they show, it's the best £25 anybody could spend. I'm going to leave you with some pics from my experience. But if you don't manage to see them, don't spit your dummy into the sea, and blame Sarah.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank IsoMax
London
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Well executed but nothing to see”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

A well run business. The RIB boat was fun and I enjoyed being out at sea however we saw no wildlife other than a token bird or two. This is how it goes, as obviously wildlife are wild and can't appear on demand. Bit gutted though :-(. Head towards the Dolphin watching point at Chanonry point for free views of dolphins.

cheshire
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“the best day of our holidays --as voted by the kids!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks holiday staying on the' Black isle' every day held something really special for us, 2 families with 2 twelve year old kids We booked in advance --thanks trip advisor for warning me to do this and had the most amazing 2 hours on the RIB or semi rigid boat that Sarah the captain skillfully piloted through the Moray and Cromarty Firth, We were lucky --remember these are wild dolphins and don't appear to order but almost as soon as we reached the mouth of the Moray Firth there they were approx 20 dolphins Adults, adolescents and really young calves --only 3 weeks old, As a seasoned whale watcher I was very impressed the way that Sarah just idled the engine letting the boat drift slowly allowing the dolphins to approach us if they wished and were not pestered or followed as they were feeding they came really quite close up to the boat about 3-4 meters at the closest and we were fascinated watching them eventually they drifted off out to sea and we went to look at the cliffs seeing lots of sea birds and 2 buzzards on the cliff face this is a fab trip, very safe but exciting and as I said was the highlight of a fantastic week Thanks Sarah very professional and entertaining worth every penny of the money the trip cost

Visited August 2013