“Enjoyable and informative boat-trips”
Review of EcoVentures

EcoVentures
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Cromarty
More attraction details
Owner description: Boat trips from the beautiful village of Cromarty. Wildlife regularly encountered includes; the resident colony of Bottlenose Dolphins, Seals, Seabirds and the occasional Minke Whale. Daily sailings from Easter through until October weather permitting. Booking highly recommended.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've taken an EcoVentures boat trip on three separate occasions now and had great experiences each time. It's a friendly company who know the Cromarty Firth and surrounding areas well and will guide you around the local wildlife during a roughly 90-minute trip on a RIB. If you're lucky you'll see dolphins (very active on my last visit in September 2013), but even if you don't, the chance to go out on what can be a thrilling boat journey, and which will undoubtedly involve some great close-up views of the local sea-bird colonies, shouldn't be missed.

1  Thank Brother T
There are newer reviews for EcoVentures

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Not sure how many of you, have read the review by Ge0ff23? But all I can say is how disgusted I am, with a pathetic, and insulting load of rubbish towards Ecoventures. Incase a lot of people don't realise, dolphins are wild, and of which, come and go as they please. Also to mention, in the Ecoventures description, a small historical section is covered during your trip. Sarah is a fantastic, very professional, and highly experienced skipper, and not a magician. I mean come on. She doesn't drop her arms in the water, click her fingers, and Hey Ho! Here come the dolphins! And if you listen carefully during your briefing, she does stress, sightings aren't guaranteed. I've been doing this boat trip for a few years now, and on some occasions not seen them myself. But that hasn't put me off in any way, for my 2013 return trips. Because when they show, it's the best £25 anybody could spend. I'm going to leave you with some pics from my experience. But if you don't manage to see them, don't spit your dummy into the sea, and blame Sarah.

4  Thank IsoMax
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A well run business. The RIB boat was fun and I enjoyed being out at sea however we saw no wildlife other than a token bird or two. This is how it goes, as obviously wildlife are wild and can't appear on demand. Bit gutted though :-(. Head towards the Dolphin watching point at Chanonry point for free views of dolphins.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks holiday staying on the' Black isle' every day held something really special for us, 2 families with 2 twelve year old kids We booked in advance --thanks trip advisor for warning me to do this and had the most amazing 2 hours on the RIB or semi rigid boat that Sarah the captain skillfully piloted through the Moray and Cromarty Firth, We were lucky --remember these are wild dolphins and don't appear to order but almost as soon as we reached the mouth of the Moray Firth there they were approx 20 dolphins Adults, adolescents and really young calves --only 3 weeks old, As a seasoned whale watcher I was very impressed the way that Sarah just idled the engine letting the boat drift slowly allowing the dolphins to approach us if they wished and were not pestered or followed as they were feeding they came really quite close up to the boat about 3-4 meters at the closest and we were fascinated watching them eventually they drifted off out to sea and we went to look at the cliffs seeing lots of sea birds and 2 buzzards on the cliff face this is a fab trip, very safe but exciting and as I said was the highlight of a fantastic week Thanks Sarah very professional and entertaining worth every penny of the money the trip cost

1  Thank alynCheshire
Reviewed August 21, 2013

First up we took this trip to see the dolphins in the Cromarty/Moray Firth but we didnt see any, but then again they are wild animals!!!!! Apart from that Sarah took us on the water after first giving us a rundown of what to expect in the boat and views we would see and giving us waterproofs and life jackets. The boat was very stable and Sarah took us to local points of interest like the oil rig, seal colony and birds trying to spot the dolphins, she was very knowledgeable about the area and was disappointed not to have spotted any dolphins for us, She gave us a good ride in the boat and we would definitely recommend Sarah and EcoVentures.

1  Thank 365Stephen