“Outstanding trip”
Review of EcoVentures

EcoVentures
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Cromarty
More attraction details
Owner description: Boat trips from the beautiful village of Cromarty. Wildlife regularly encountered includes; the resident colony of Bottlenose Dolphins, Seals, Seabirds and the occasional Minke Whale. Daily sailings from Easter through until October weather permitting. Booking highly recommended.
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had a fabulous trip. Staff are very friendly and the trip out in the rib was so exciting. Watching the dolphins and wildlife was brilliant... Anyone who is visiting the Black Isle, we highly recommend an Ecoventures trip. Outstanding.

1  Thank 846shirley43
There are newer reviews for EcoVentures

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Last year I hoped to see dolphins from Chanonry Point and had no luck, so I booked with EcoVentures and we were lucky enough to see the dolphins, although we were warned that it might not happen. At one point we followed a dolphin on a fishing trip and actually just about saw her face.It was amazing. The whole trip lasted 2 hours and was very well organised with wet suits which kept us pretty warm and juice and biscuits. I would certainly recommend the company - the staff were lovely and I think it was good value (£24). I also enjoyed exploring the old town of Cromarty - the Court House Museum was interesting and free! The walk along the shore and up through the woods to South Sutor viewpoint was worth doing (about 3 miles in total) with a topograph telling you which hills etc. you could see. (EcoVentures had a leaflet with some walking routes). There was a nice cafe next door and pubs in the town.

1  Thank SueBolton
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We have done a few wildlife speedboat trips - this is a very good one.

The welcome is a good one, staff friendly and all the necessary clothing and equipment provided.

We had a good trip out into the estuary and beyond and had good, close sightings of a group of dolphins. When we stopped with the dolphins, juice a nd biscuits were provided - a nice touch.

Cromarty is a nice little town to visit too. All in all, a great day out.

Highly recommended if on holiday up here.

1  Thank RobskiStaffs
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Nature as it should be, breathtaking. I spent 2 nights in Cromarty this was the highlight and the Weather was very warm we were there on 26/05 on the 13.00hr sailing

Cant thank Sarah enough: I think we seen about 15 dolphins, the dolphins were swimming alongside underneath and a young calf was jumping out the water, only thing I would like a younger crowd so that Sarah would go a bit quicker lol :-)

1  Thank Pablo1888
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We took this trip as a birthday treat for me in late May 2012. The boat trip alone was fabulous, but we were lucky enough to see a rather grumpy looking seal (which amused me!) and a small group of dolphins swimming much closer to us than I imagined they would. You arent guaranteed to see anything, these are wild animals for gawds sake, its not an aquarium! But to see these beautiful animals where they should be, swimming free, was an honour indeed. The guys here do their best to show you what they can, but you have to be prepared to not see them, we are guests in their world and it is their decision to see us, not the other way around. They are not fed to make them like us, you know they spend that short time with you because they choose to. Anyway, we were lucky enough to, and it was an amazing experience for us and the rest of the people on the boat. The girls here also gave me a card and a cake for my birthday, which was very thoughtful and sweet of them. Highly recommended, and if you are unlucky enough not to see any dolphins, go back for another go!!!!