Sydney House Bed and Breakfast
$391
  • Restaurant
$158
Travelocity
The Clubhouse Hotel(Nairn)(Great Value!)
$104
$92
Muthu Newton Hotel(Nairn)(Great Value!)
$103
$174
$126
All reviewsb bgreat breakfasthome bakinga great place to stayspacious roomlarge gardenfruit puddinglots of local informationfamily homeset us up for the dayscottish breakfastday tourlovely treatfurther afieldcentral locationinteresting townhappily stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I found Sydney House through the Visitor's Center as my original plan of staying in Inverness failed through. What a nice surprise! This place is on the main street of Cromarty, and plenty of parking on the street in front of the hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. Alasdair was very friendly and helpful, gave me a lot of information about the town, places to eat, the ferry (as I mentioned about heading to Tain the next day), etc.

Breakfast was the traditional Scottish breakfast, if you're up to the challenge - it's a lot of food! There is also something for vegetarians, which was very thoughtful. Alasdair would ask each person what he/she wants for breakfast upon check-in, then confirm at the breakfast time. One can also request non-Scottish breakfast if one prefers. I had the full Scottish breakfast, which consisted of blood pudding, egg, mushrooms, sausage, tattie scone (potato scone), bacon, aside from a bowl of porridge, and toast!. At one point the conversation at the table was about haggis, and when I said that I didn't know what it was, Alasdair even brought out a piece for me to try!

I am so glad that my previous plan of staying in Inverness failed through so I was able to discover this gem. If I were to go back to Cromarty in the future, I would definitely stay here again. Thank you for the hospitality, Alasdair and Shirley!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank AmazingScotch
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Decorated to a very high standard with nice period pieces of furniture, Very friendly welcome from the owner who gave us knowledgeable of advice on where to eat ( Sutor Creek great local food and pizzas ).
Varied selection of breakfast choices ,cooked breakfast was delicious ( Great haggis )

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank a_downing1
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Situated well within easy walking distance of the local attractions, Sydney House is friendly and welcoming. Free parking outside. Breakfast was great. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SmokieJo
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I spent two nights at Sydney House and can highly recommend it. It's set on the main street of Cromarty (a charming, hidden gem of a place). No complaints... very clean, comfortable and spacious room, with a modern, albeit smallish en-suite... great power in the shower. I got drenched to the skin in a torrential downpour and Alasdair kindly took my sodden clothes away to get them dry - thankyou! A hearty breakfast was on offer - with vegetarian options available. If I have occasion to return to the area, I'd have no hesitation in booking to stay at Sydney House...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Mandogirl
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We spent 2 nights at Sydney House and found Alasdair and his wife very friendly and welcoming. The room we stayed in was furnished to a high standard, the en-suite was modern and clean. We spent two very comfortable nights there. The breakfasts were excellent and set you up for the day. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone staying in Cromarty.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple