“One of the best campsites I've been to”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Applecross
Applecross Campsite
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had a lovely weekend at this campsite. The bar and restaurant on site was a welcome addition, especially if it was raining. Thankfully we had a glorious weekend weather wise and there weren't too many midges. We had dinner one night and breakfast the next day and the portions were very filling. They had run out of veggie sausages for my breakfast but they offered to do the breakfast at a reduced rate which was good. We also got a free refill of our coffee which was unexpected and nice. The toilet block is fine, not brilliant, but i have seen very few campsites with brilliant toilet blocks. It is camping afterall. The shower was hot so i am happy with that. Staff were friendly. Grass condition was good and not rocky or sloping or patchy. We arrived late on the first night and we weren't hounded the next morning for payment unlike other places i have been. Its the only real choice of campsite in the area but thankfully its a good choice when visiting this lovely part of Scotland.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 16, 2013

A group of us travelled by motor bike to this gorgeous part of Scotland and spent 1 night in September 2012 at the campsite.

The staff on check in were friendly, the food was good and until we got to the liqueurs we had no complaints. I hadn't realised that one of the glasses was wet on the outside so when I picked it up from the bar it slipped through my fingers. Now in majority of bars in Scotland an apology would of been forth coming and the glass replenished without charge. However the girl (who wasn't British) made out that it was my fault and charged me again and when I tried to point out that it wasn't my fault she looked at me as if I was mad...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Heather S
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My father and i stayed at the campsite overnight in early june, Reasonable price considering it seems to be the only campsite in Applecross. We stayed in a small motorhome and a pup tent and found the new shower / toilet block behind the bar with its midgeproof seating area clean and tidy. The electric hook ups in the far field were fine but the attached water taps had yet to be plumbed in, meaning a fair walk to the old tap by the gate between fields. In their defence the service points looked very new. There also appears to be a second toilet block going up at the end of the field furthest from the bar / reception. If so, this will be most welcome. The staff were most helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked this campsite as we found a lot of online recommendations for it. The mountain road to get to it was terrifying but beautiful, so worth it. The campsite was not. Staff were friendly and helpful but the showers and toilets were really shabby and although I saw a cleaner going around there didn't seem to be much improvement. Grass and muck brought in on shoes was not cleaned up and my boyfriend and I both decided to go a day without a shower because we didn't want to use theirs.

Food in the restaurant was good but a bit overpriced. Whole place needed a bit of work to smarten it up, not at all well finished. Entertainment in the evening went on very late and was very loud. Seems to be great if you're a regular but otherwise not.

Amazing views though so extra points for scenery. Otherwise, not great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lizzi88x
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I will never know the joys of the Applecross campsite as I had a booking for the summer but was forced to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.

I was only due to stay there for one night, and emailed 2 months in advance to apologise and ask for a refund.

I wasn't expecting all my money back, I wasn't even expecting the majority back, but when they offered me a refund of £2 out of a £20 booking, I was surprised and annoyed. Every other place that I had booked with for this holiday refunded my money (the lowest amount I got was 80%, and the youth hostels all gave me 90%).

You would have thought that a campsite like this would rely on return visits - I can happily say that they have probably lost £100s in potential earnings from myself and my friends as we will never be visiting.

Hope that if you chose to book, you don't have to deal with their customer service and cancellations department.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank callmewhite
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Booked a camping Pod for just one night in July 2012. With a location like this there is very little that could put you off! The Mountain road into Applecross is amazing - we arrived on motorcycles, the road was the main reason for us travelling to Applecross.

We had been told that Applecross Inn was THE place to eat - food was good but a bit over priced, and the owners of the Inn were a bit snooty.
When we go back (and we will!!) we will eat in the Flower Tunnel on the campsite - we were entertained by live music and ate a fantastic breakfast in the Flower Tunnel - such a lovely addition to the site.

Staff were lovely and helpful, locals were friendly, facilities were clean an new. FAB campsite, amazing location. GO THERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marie A
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at the B&B house in the campsite rather than the campsite itself so can't review the facilities there, but the house itself was a great place to stay. Was quite expensive compared to other B&Bs (£75 per night) but was worth it for the experience. Felt as though we had made a friend for life in Clive by the time we left (and we only stayed one night). Talked about everything from politics to religion and got a real feel for the local area after just half and hour.

The room itself had a lovely modern en suite and the view into the garden was beautiful. Found out after breakfast we had eaten bang in the middle of an ancient stone circle and right on two very important ley lines. Also, there is really old broch right in the middle of the campsite that's in the process of being excavated (it was originally dug up by the Time Team about 6-7 years ago).

A really intersting stay and will be back as soon as possible.The visit is worth it alone for the drive over the Bealach na' Ba - terrifying but jaw-dropping.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Applecross Campsite? Share your experiences!