“very tasty salad and crab cakes”

Achiltibuie Piping School Cafe
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: School of piping and little café with awesome food. And the end of the road that goes beyond achiltibuie in wester ross, highlands, scotland.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

very friendly local eatery with simple menu but beautifully presented and thoughtful dishes.

I did not expect the quality and quantity of crabcakes and salad for £8 - really impressive

Reviewed July 26, 2013

great food, nice music in the back ground, passionate owner and staff - what more could you ask for?

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I arrived at lunchtime when the cafe was very busy. The waitress was very happy to take my order but said I might have to wait a while as they were so busy. In fact my order arrived sooner than expected and enjoyed a lovely tuna salad roll at a reasonable price. On paying my bill I again received an apology on having to wait. I would really recommend this cafe for the quality of food and excellent customer service.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a great wee cafe. There's always a lovely selection of home-baked cakes - chocolate and guiness is amazing - usually with at least one gluten free and one dairy free choice. Nice lunch and breakfast menu too, but the cakes are what my children and I go back for!
Other nice touches include (in no particular order) dairy-free milkshakes and hot chocolate - great if you have a child with a lactose intolerance as they can have the same as their siblings; a good toy box; friendly and welcoming atmosphere and nice spacious clean toilets!
The signs are quite small so you have to keep your eye out for them as you drive along the single-track road as this is definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have only visited once but it was an experience I will be repeating. Spotlessly clean, great friendly service, excellent food, and I can only describe the scones and cakes as amazing. I live on Lewis and will be changing my car in Inverness next September. I wont be eating in Inverness or Ullapool, I will be heading the 22 miles up to the Piping School Cafe for my eats and I recommend anyone in the area to do the same.