Tripadvisor
Whitebridge
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the pub loch ness real ale holiday cottage steak pie cask ales nachos residents lounge warm atmosphere country hotel fort augustus lovely little hotel scottish country dog friendly hotel ate here wonderful scenery small portions
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have visited white bridge quite a few times as it's our local pub. It seems that the portion sizes have reduced dramatically, the food we got was lovely but prices have increased and portions reduced. The staff weren't that helpful especially not for children. It's a shame because it used to be much better and child friendly.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
MissAdventurer, Owner at Whitebridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are really disappointed to hear that you left dissatisfied with your Sunday lunch. Our Sunday lunch portions have not intentionally decreased so I am sorry that you perceive that they have. Our Sunday lunch has been £10.95 since we started in summer 2018. We have increased the 2 course and 3 course option by £1 but we feel it is still excellent value for money at £15.95 and £19.95 particularly for the quality of the starters and desserts which are all home-made. I have to be honest and say that we often get feedback that is quite the opposite and often people cannot manage to finish. Myself and my business partner were both away from the hotel on Sunday though so cannot say hand on heart that the portions weren't different to normal but I will certainly speak to the chef and the duty manager about this to investigate further. I am shocked to hear that you feel that the staff were not helpful or child friendly as this is very unlike the customer focused team that we have working here. However, I do know that we were unfortunately a left a bit understaffed yesterday due to us having the leave the hotel for a family emergency and the fact that it much busier than was expected. Therefore we sincerely apologise if you feel that this impacted on the level of customer service offered to you. As a local person, your patronage is very much appreciated and therefore, to demonstrate our commitment to customer service and value for money, we would love to offer you a free Sunday lunch for 2. Please get in touch with us by phone or email and we will be delighted to arrange this for you. We are almost always available to talk to customers if they are dissatisfied in any way so I would urge you to ask for Bella or Lesley if there is anything at all that you would like to feedback to us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had dinner here twice while staying down the road at Wildside lodges.
On both occasions the food was excellent, staff were very pleasant and attentive.
The hotel itself has a great ambience, old scottish country style feel.
We will definitley visit again when in the area.
5 stars.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Visited here in September 2019 with my Dog.

I'd missed the Sunday Lunch times but thought I'd ask. Nothing was too much trouble and I was served a nice late Sunday Lunch here before heading off on my journey.

Thank you for making me & my Dog welcome!

Date of stay: September 2019
MissAdventurer, Owner at Whitebridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Thanks for taking time to review your visit. We are delighted that you were made welcome and that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We had a great time last night at the Hogmanay party.
The food was absolutely fantastic, the atmosphere brilliant, and the midnight feast ( at 1am) of bacon rolls was a stroke of genius.
Rooms lovely and clean, comfy beds too. How could you better that. Well the amazing breakfast your served certainly rounded off our stay nicely. Great cold buffet selection and super tasty cooked breakfast saw us through to dinner tonight.
The Whitebridge hotel is ideally situated for a relaxing break. There are plenty of local walks and the stunning Falls of Foyers are close by. The village of Fort Augustus is a short drive away where there are a few shops, bars and places to eat as well as walks in the forest and along the canal.
If your staying here the residents lounge is the ideal place to relax after a day out. Big comfy sofas and a wood burning fire. Food is excellent both in the bar and restaurant. The staff are all helpful and friendly.
You are certainly guaranteed a warm highland welcome at the Whitebridge.
We will certainly be returning.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for your fantastic review of your stay over hogmanay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the food.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Visited here on several occasions last week and can't recommend highly enough. Both us and our four legged friends were warmly welcomed. Great selection of drinks and the food was delicious. Macoroni was absolutely devine, and nearly as good as my husbands!!! We'll be back.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visits and that you enjoyed your food and drinks. You've set us a mission now to beat your husband's macaroni. We look forward to welcoming you all back on your next visit.