“Just Perfect”
Review of Tigh Na Bruach

and 1 more site!
Tigh Na Bruach
Reviewed April 23, 2012

After reading all the excellent reviews of Tigh Na Bruach we had been looking forward to our stay there and were not dissapointed. Everything was just as we had hoped for if not better. The rooms are large comfortable and spotlessly clean, the food is excllent and the owners Catherine and Ian can't do enough for you. To be able to wake in the mornings to a stunning view of Loch Ness was simply wonderful. The four acres of well kept landscaped gardens are a joy to wander around in and you may even be lucky enough to see Red Squirel, deer or even Pine Martin. Our experience of Tigh Na Bruagh was not so much of holidaying in a b&b but more like staying with friends. Thank you Catherine and Ian for making our holiday JUST PERFECT. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul H
There are newer reviews for Tigh Na Bruach

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed here with friends in April 2012 for a couple of nights, and were astounded at the level of care put into the whole experience by the owners, Cathy & Ian.
Afternoon tea on arrival was to die for.....and that crucial spare piece of cake which came my way...brilliant, such fine home baking!
The whole experience is superb I cannot think of a single minor gripe! Well okay.... strolling round the lovely & sizeable gardens I expected to see a Pine Marten and it didn't show!
Perfect.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms, so nothing to chose between them, all have a separate terrace overlookin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed for three nights in mid-March 2012. Tigh Na Brauch had only just opened for the 2012 season but I can definitely say that all the complimentary comments of previous reviewers remain valid and justifiable. The beauty of the B and B's location and its stunning views of Loch Ness mean you wake up feeling happy and content in a way I have never experienced before. Ian and Catherine couldnt do enough for you - always on hand for advice on where to go and what to see. Breakfasts were wonderful too. If you come here make sure you drive around the south side of Loch Ness, you visit the waterfalls at Foyer and walk on the beach at Dores and eat at the Dores Inn. And a drive that will stay in my life forever was the drive we took from Invermoriston to Skye via the Kyle of Lochlash. It felt like we were driving through the Rockies and seeing seals as we drove across Loch Duich was just the icing on the cake.

In short those three nights blew me away and left me ashamed as an Englishman that it had taken me so long to visit such a beautiful part of my own country.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2012

What a place. Loch Ness has a alluring mystique. This place is the best in which to satisfy the lure of the loch. What a fantastic location. The rooms are first class, comfortable, clean & large. The hosts can't do enough for you. It's a shame we could only spend one night. My wife would have stayed a week! I will remember this place for the rest of my life.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Tigh Na Brauch is by far the best and friendliest B&B we have ever stayed at. I will not repeat all the positives that have been highlighted in previous reviews but will just say that they are all true. If you are looking for a quality place to stay in the Loch Ness area you would be wise to choose Tigh Na Brauch.
The local evening dining out options are really the Glemmoriston Arms Hotel in Invermoriston or a few places in Fort Augustus. We found the quality of food available to be very good. Although Invermoriston is only 0.5 mile from Tigh Na Brauch it is still best to drive in the evening as the walk is along the unlit A82 and so not easy.
Catherine and Ian are fabulous hosts and create such a warm friendly environment that you really do feel that you are staying with friends.

Room Tip: All three rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry4
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife and myself along with my parents spent four nights at this delightful bed and breakfast. The location is marvelous with breathtaking views of Loch Ness from the rooms or if you wish you can walk through the gardens to the waters edge. The rooms were well appointed and clean with all the modern conveniences you would find in any five star hotel plus some extras. In all this though the warmth and hospitality of Catherine and Ian is what stands out. They were extremely helpful but not overbearing in any way. The breakfasts were very good and a range of choices were offered. The location we found ideal for touring the highlands and surrounding areas. We will certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I am one of those just gets into the car and drives away wherever the road takes me. In one of such trips i decided for a quite wee holiday away from madness on the city, in a place where i could have a relaxing time and boy relax i did. Within 15 mins drive from Fort Augustus, near the tiny village of Invermoriston, I found a place called Tigh Na Bruach (means house by the bank) The place is out of this world, not only for its location but also the owners who you'll find are very very helpful. The landlady actually volunteered to drive 40 miles when i forgot my wallet while having lunch. And if i had asked she would have done it.

The spotless clean rooms are extra big with ample space for every modern equipment we might require. All the 3 rooms are Lake facing with a verandah. The breakfast is simply out of this world. You get loads of choices from traditional Scottish to low calorie breakfast for those who are very conscious of their diet. On top of this you get home made jams which i must say are mind blowing.

All in all if you are looking for a place in heaven, Tigh Na Bruach is your answer.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermoriston
The Lovat, Loch Ness
#2 of 2 in Invermoriston
Craik Na Dav B & B
Craik Na Dav B & B
#1 of 8 in Invermoriston

Been to Tigh Na Bruach? Share your experiences!