Our family was taking a short break in the highlands before easter and happened upon this small hotel whilst heading for Skye. As it was late it was decided to check on availability for one night. Lucky for us that they had a few rooms to spare ( Only eight rooms in total). We were made to feel totally at home and greeted by a polite english lad called Lewis who went out of his way to make sure that we wanted for nothing, Turned up the heating in our rooms, ( It was still march after all!, Took our bags up and booked us a table in the restaurant) . After settling in we made straight for the dining room and what can only be described as sublime was what we were given for dinner. Albeit the menu is largely reduced for the off season it was well cooked with care and attention to detail. ( I defy and-body not to enjoy the Chocolate Nemesis! and the ravioli was excellent if not a little on the small side).
The bar has a range of malts that outside of speyside is quite an impressive array. Even the chef took time to explain a few to us which was interesting. The only downside to our overnight stay was that the bar was a little chilly and this was due to a faulty fire being replaced so we were informed by the new owner, Mr Forrest.
Overall a perfect night in a what is described as their "Highland Home ".
Not sure what whisky hunter of Boltons problems seem to be but rest assured we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel located in the Scottish Highlands by Loch Ness. On the road to the Isle of Skye, Fort William and Inverness. Perfectly placed to base yourself whilst touring the Highlands. This charming old Hotel, has 8 traditionally furnished bedrooms within the main building and 3 more contemporary styled external bedrooms. The Moriston Bar and restaurant serves quality Scottish fayre, locally sourced where possible, and an extensive range of single malt whiskies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Glenmoriston Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Arms Invermoriston
- Hotel Glenmoriston Arms
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel Invermoriston, Scotland - Loch Ness