Stayed at this hotel during the summer and enjoyed it very much especially the food,so thought nothing of booking it again last Saturday for dinner with two friends from Derby,after raving about it all day.
When we arrived the restaurant was encouragingly very busy but this came at a cost.
When finally seated at 8.30 we were told two of the specials were off and the sirlion steak was also off the mains menu, all of which we had already made our choice on when reading the menu in the bar.
Our second choice was the venison/pork stew which frankly was rather tough on the chew.
Running out of a basic such as steak is a bit much and certaily spoiled our night I'm afraid.
If you decide to dine here dine early or be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel located in the Scottish Highlands by Loch Ness. On the road to the Isle of Skye, Fort William and Inverness. Perfectly placed to base yourself whilst touring the Highlands. This charming old Hotel, has 11 traditionally furnished bedrooms within the main building and 3 more contemporary styled external bedrooms. The Moriston Bar and restaurant serves quality Scottish fayre, locally sourced where possible, and an extensive range of single malt whiskies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Glenmoriston Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Arms Invermoriston
- Hotel Glenmoriston Arms
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel Invermoriston, Scotland - Loch Ness