“Really lovely stay - would recommend - but with a few niggles”

and 1 more site!
Glenmoriston Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Invermoriston
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed a couple of weeks ago for one night at the weekend. From arrival we could smell the real fire and received a warm and professional welcome from the bar staff and the manager. We had the room with the four poster bed and the jacuzzi and it looked just like the picure and very cosy.
The jacuzzi was a fab treat - although on the downside we couldn't use the stereo that was linked up (!) as there was no radio reception- the helpful notice on how to use it did say we could use CDs but we hadn't brought any -that's something that we could have been told before hand. With the meal, I had the more traditional Scottish options which I loved but my partners pigeon breast starter was overcooked and the main course of pork belly was a very small piece of meat and was charred on the meat side and the fat wasn't crispy. After dinner we had drinks by the fire and had a great breakfast the next day.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay, it was a lovely hotel with fab service and everything was very easy for us and we felt very welcome but there were just a few details that could have been improved with the dinner. - I would return.

Room Tip: The four poster with a jacuzzi was fab but bring CDs!
1  Thank Jo7890

Reviewed April 27, 2013

After a mix up with a group booking service we contacted the hotel directly and were very pleasantly surprised by the friendly helpful service we received over the phone. Most importantly they honoured the special price originally quoted by the booking service.
On arrival we were meet by a very courteous and friendly Waitress - and then greeted by the owner (Aisle) who had remembered our names - before being taken to our room that was of an extremely good standard and was very comfortable.
We did not eat in the restaurant the first evening as we had already been staying at hotels in the Highlands and were a bit over-stuffed. However, breakfast the next morning was excellent and convinced us to eat at the hotel that evening - we were not disappointed! The starter was excellent and the main course was delightful. We also believe it was excellent value for money.
The Glenmoriston is a work in progress and will be excellent when finished - but there is already a great team in place and we have no complaints whatsoever. They even convinced me that not all Whisket tastes like paint stripper! Thanks for a great stay and we look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here on Monday, 22nd April, we sat in the bar area of the premises as the restaurant was fully booked. We were given a warm welcome but then things went downhill. I ordered Cullen Skink but it was served to me cold, the waitress returned it to the kitchen but when it was returned to me although lovely and hot the bowl was only half full, as my wife had already finished her luke warm garlic mushrooms I could not be bothered asking where the rest of my Cullen Skink had got to. The mains were again served luke warm and very small in portion size. The final problem with the evening was being charged for 4 pints of beer instead of the 2 I had drunk although this was quickly resolved. I paid and did not leave a tip.

Room Tip: Only used the restaurant stayed locally in a lovely B and B.
5  Thank RICHARD G
Lachie1, Head Chef at Glenmoriston Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments Richard, we always appreciate customer feed back. I apologise for the cold cullen skink, there was a mix up between the kichen and waiting staff. We portion control all of our soups and the bowl you were given was waiting to be heated up in a pan on the stove, the waitress simply picked up the wrong bowl. I have to disagree however that your main courses were cold as I plate them up myself and these go straight to the customer when I garnish them. You were asked if eveything was ok with your main courses and you said it was. As a chef I cannot rectify or move forward if you do not complain at the time. Apologies again for the fact you were overcharged for two pints of beer. We are currently undergoing staff training and we went "live" on Monday the 22nd April. Unfortunately this was simply a keying error. I am pleased it was rectified quickly.
Paul Clark
Head Chef

Reviewed April 22, 2013

A nice Hotel, close to Loch Ness and boasting a good restaurant. Sadly, for us, this did not seem to be the case. The Menu was hardly exciting and although the food was eatable, it proved to be quite disappointing. From a very bland and "thin" Cullen Skink to what was reputedly a "Venison Cassoulet" which in reality was simply some rather tough Venison in a stew with some beans thrown in. Hardly worthy of such a fine description.

The wine was simply left on the table for us to pour, the wine list itself quite expensive for the quality of wines on offer and after waiting nearly half an hour from finishing our meal without being asked if we wanted Coffee or further drinks we left without leaving a tip.

It clearly survives by dint of the fact that there is little or no competition close by.

5  Thank Miguel1065_11

Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate customer feedback and I welcome the opportunity to respond. The menu I have comprised consists of fresh locally sourced game, meat poultry, fish, pasta and seasonal vegetables and is contructed it to suit all pallates. This is a fine dining menu of a very high standard, and to hear it flipantly dismiss it as 'disappointing' is surprising.
Why even order from a 'disappointing' menu if it wasn't up to your standard? Please accept my apologies and I wish you all the best findng your perfect restaurant.
Paul Clark
Head Chef

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

A charming hotel that we reached at the end if day 4 of the Great Glen Way.
The food was good and plentiful but the hotel was in the process of a rolling renovation.
Intermittent wifi is probably not better than no wifi at all.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Glaswegian60
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent one night here on the GGW and we were warmly welcomed by Ailsa and the team. The Food is excellent and the refurbishments are tasteful and authentic for a hotel dating from 1740. The snug was really comfortable for a pre dinner drink.Everyone was friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We dropped in today for late lunch for my husband and I and to give the dog a break from the car between Inverness and fort William. Very glad we did. The seafood chowder special was special. The caesar salad and venison burger were great and those chips !!! Our wee dog was accommodated in the bar/lounge and provided with water. Good value too. Thoroughly enjoyed our stop. Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Lizzie6474
Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermoriston
The Lovat, Loch Ness
Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Drumnadrochit

Been to Glenmoriston Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!