We stayed a couple of weeks ago for one night at the weekend. From arrival we could smell the real fire and received a warm and professional welcome from the bar staff and the manager. We had the room with the four poster bed and the jacuzzi and it looked just like the picure and very cosy.
The jacuzzi was a fab treat - although on the downside we couldn't use the stereo that was linked up (!) as there was no radio reception- the helpful notice on how to use it did say we could use CDs but we hadn't brought any -that's something that we could have been told before hand. With the meal, I had the more traditional Scottish options which I loved but my partners pigeon breast starter was overcooked and the main course of pork belly was a very small piece of meat and was charred on the meat side and the fat wasn't crispy. After dinner we had drinks by the fire and had a great breakfast the next day.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay, it was a lovely hotel with fab service and everything was very easy for us and we felt very welcome but there were just a few details that could have been improved with the dinner. - I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel located in the Scottish Highlands by Loch Ness. On the road to the Isle of Skye, Fort William and Inverness. Perfectly placed to base yourself whilst touring the Highlands. This charming old Hotel, has 11 traditionally furnished bedrooms within the main building and 3 more contemporary styled external bedrooms. The Moriston Bar and restaurant serves quality Scottish fayre, locally sourced where possible, and an extensive range of single malt whiskies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Glenmoriston Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Arms Invermoriston
- Hotel Glenmoriston Arms
- Glenmoriston Arms Hotel Invermoriston, Scotland - Loch Ness