Loch Ness Holiday Park is awful. I usually don't bother with reviews but this trip was so bad (it ruined my Scottish holiday).
We stayed (me and my bf) at one of the hobbits. I am not sure if it's even legal to suggest that 4 people could easily stay there. It's too tiny for that. The hobbit itself was clean but it's very basic. Which is fine but it could do with a curtain because everyone can see inside your cabin (if they walk past it). But the reasons for why I am writing this review wasn't that, here they are:
1) The bathrooms: They smell - there are only 2 near the Hobbits so that isnt enough for everyone. They smell bad. The sinks are dirty. They clean them only once a day. They do state on their rules poster that they check them through out the day but that isnt the case because I have seen toilet paper on the floor and they do not get cleared until the next day.
2) They leave a bucked filled with dirty water in the bathoom and a mop. I saw one lady come out of the shower (next to the toilets) and use that dirty mop to wipe the floor.
3) You cannot buy any basic food supplies on site. The local shop doesn't open often
3) The entire park is gravel area and there aren't any green areas.
4) sorry but the park is at a pretty "ugly" part of the Loch Ness.
I have stayed at a 5 star holiday park in Devon and it was CLEAN, they had a shop on site with basic supplies and you could come in and go whenever you please. At Loch Ness Park they close the gates at 10:30 so everyone has to be in and be ready for bed.
The showers temperature cannot be adjusted so if you are feeling hot and want to cool down then tough because those are hot showers!
If you have the opportunity then I would suggest looking elsewhere. There were many other sites near by and hopefully they are better.
Also for the Hobbits make sure you bring a bedsheet! cheers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Loch Ness Holiday Park, located in an enviable and unique position on the banks of Loch Ness, promotes a sense of community comparable to any Scottish village. It boasts a location abundant with beautiful and varied land and lochscape, a rich history and flourishes amidst the range of interests within the encompassing area. We offer a choice of Leisure Homes and Luxury Lodges to rent for a short or long holiday or to buy as your forever holiday home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Loch Ness Holiday Park Hotel Invermoriston
- Loch Ness Highland Lodges Invermoriston, Scotland