My wife and I managed to get hold of a Groupon voucher for this hotel. I was a little worried before we left as I saw some terrible reviews of the place.
Check in was painless, done in minutes and shown to our room.
The room itself is a bit tired, that said it is clean and well presented. Clean towels each morning which I would expect.
Breakfast is a basic cereal and the likes. If you want a cooked breakfast that is extra. Our offer had the cooked included so I was happy.
We had the "5 course set menu" on the Saturday. Due to feedback they changed it to a 3 course a la carte menu which worked for us. We also received 2 mini courses which was a nice touch. The food was excellent, couldn't fault it at all. Service took around 90 minutes to have our dinner which I thought was a good pace.
Overall did I feel like I got a good deal? Yes because I booked it through Groupon, I would have had a different opinion if I had paid full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful, traditional Highland lodge in a rural location overlooking Loch Ness. Friendly local inn serving real ales and food every day. Log fires and comfortable en suite rooms, some with loch view. Open all year. 15 miles from Inverness on the eastern shore of Loch Ness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Craigdarroch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigdarroch Hotel Foyers
- The Craigdarroch Inn Foyers, Loch Ness